Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, I have been reading through the threads for the last few weeks - nice forum you have here.
My story so far:

I have replaced the plugs (NGK Iridiums) and air filter, cambelt and oil was changed by Platts Alfa less than 1K ago.

There is a big flat spot between 3-4K and anything above 1/8th throttle at low revs and it bogs down and is crap on steep hills. The old plugs showed signs that it was running a weak mixture. Using less than 1/8th throttle and it pulls enthusiastically and tick over is smooth.
I haven't changed the fuel filter and I guess it could be the fuel pump but really suspect the MAF.

Will alfadiag allow me to look at the MAF output?
Also the temp gauge in the car is showing 70C, seems a bit low - will test actual temps with K type thermocouple.
manxalfa has kindly offered to send me his KKL cable - if anybody needs to borrow one near Llangollen N.Wales then PM me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try disconnecting the MAF tomorrow and while I'm at it I'll try and locate the thermostat - it will hit 90C when climbing the 1200ft hill out of the village but hovers around 70-75C for all open road driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts