Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the 166 I mentioned earlier, ICS Code thread of few days ago. The Radio/CD changer work fine, Clima works fine, Nav does not.I am not sure that Nav was fitted, although the seller said it was, but he doesn't seem to know about Alfas. I wasn't too concerned because of the price, and I don't really need a Nav. The Airbag light is permanently on. Is that a problem? Apart from that it seems to be in good order. Any suggestions would be welcome.

M

·
0 Posts
Well done and congrats.

I think I'd try to see about the air bag - never know when it might be needed.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Booked in for a service and cam belt change next week. Will sort out airbag also.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just a suggestion but if you open the front passenger door and look on the side of the glovebox there should be key slot for turning the airbag on/off. Just have a look and see that it has not be turned off for some reason.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to 166 ownership - Enjoy!

Airbag light on permanantley will be an MOT failure, I think. Check fuse(s) and the cabling under seats (yellow, I think) - Maybe something is loose or disconnected.

If car has sat nav then there will be a reader in the boot on the Left hand side, but does sound like this option is not fitted.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, much appreciate your support and kind sentiments. Strangely enough, having just taken delivery of the 166, driving down the M4 just past Bristol going East, about 3:15 last Friday afternoon, I was joined by a silver 166 and we paraded down side by side for about a mile. Good omen I hope.

The car just passed its MOT the day before I took delivery, so I don't think its an MOT failure. I tried to turn it off from the passenger side as suggested above, but no luck. Going in for a service soon anyway.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Congrats for the car. When changing the belt, get them to change the waterpump too. Also, make sure the rollers/tensioners are also changed.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Red or orange airbag light?

Orange is from the switch, red is from the ECU

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
The fault may be a cabling problem under the seat it was common on 156's...

You will need to get it sorted then have them reset the error code in the ECU which will turn the light out, it's a diagnostic jobby so when it's in for the service....

Simes.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
if you want to do it yourself you'll need to get hold of alfadiag which can now reset airbags....
can you suggest the cabling - I've only got USB on my laptop, and don't fancy getting a 30m serial cable to link up the computer with a serial port :D

What ebay kit will do airbag lights as well as read codes :confused: Need to get one for saving money in future

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
only alfadiag does the airbag thing....if you have a wee look on the alfdiag site there's links to cables that work including USB ones. Don't think any of the generic code readers can reset airbag lights and they only work on post 2001 cars....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts