Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Giulietta QV
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Bought unregistered stock 156 1.9 JTDm from Stealer yesterday, picking her up Friday...Anyone have any tips for a diesel novice-spent the last few years in TS/JTS 146-147-156's. Are broken belts still a fear, do they drink oil, is there an idiots guide to diesel Alfas available??!!

Cheers!

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
They don't drink oil and tend to be much kinder to belts :)
An unregistered 156 you say :confused: Must have been a very late model. :) Hope youre happy with the new purchase and post some pics when you can. :)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
First Lesson... stop calling them tractors !! :tut: :rant:

Unless yours came with a plough attachment that is !! :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mine doesn't use any oil.

And doesn't sound like a tractor.

And goes like hell because of Remap.

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
First Lesson... stop calling them tractors !! :tut: :rant:
What Nomad says. Had me JTDm for two years and 33,000 miles - sound as a pound all the way.

Advice; get in, turn the key, drive away, pass lots of cars, park it up, turn off engine, get out, walk away, look back for admiring glance. Oh yeah, and occasionally fill up with diesel.

·
Registered
Giulietta QV
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks folks, no offence on the tractor reference, she pulls about a million times better than the girly petrol engines!!

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Thanks folks, no offence on the tractor reference, she pulls about a million times better than the girly petrol engines!!
Now your getting the idea !! :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Like screwing a fat bird, change gear early and ride the torque wave

I know Lamborghini started out making tractors and look where they are now (apart from owned by Audi!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts