Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bleed my spider today. info for you 8mm nipples on front, 11mm nipples on rears,
used the easy bleed, not above 15 psi, it can blow seals if to high (psi). but i did find the rear nipples were very tight, i could only undo and re- tighten using a half inch drive, 6 sided 11 mm socket.(one side was worst than the other) i don't know why they were so stiff. anyone else found this ? ( i did soak them in plus-gas for hours before)
The brakes seem fine now and have a little more bite than before. while i was their i obviously renew all the fluid took about 750ml.
I didn't need to take any wheels off just raised the front by 3 to 4 inches on some ramps i made.

WARNING DO NOT LET THE MASTER CYLINDER GET LOW.
if air is drawn in and gets in the abs pump, your in real ****. as its a trip to the slealers to hook up to the diag m/c.

w reg 2000 , ts , phase 2 car 916

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Out of interest, when did you stop drawing new fluid through? When i refilled my front calipers i had to bleed for ages because of the amount of tiny bubbles in the fluid. I used nearly half a liter on each corner before i was happy.

Thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when it was clear with no bubbles or dirt in. didn't need that much about 200ml approx corner. were your calipers new ? and did your brakes fell better after.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
when it was clear with no bubbles or dirt in. didn't need that much about 200ml approx corner. were your calipers new ? and did your brakes fell better after.
Original calipers at 13 years old I think. The brakes were a lot better afterwards.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Bleed nipple usually tight just because of corrosion, often made worse by folk not putting little rubber top hat back on so they get full of crud. Probably worth removing and Copperslipping the threads for next time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts