Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....and I am fecking raging! Happened parked at my sisters.

Its my 4 month old MiTo QV in Graphite Grey.

Basically about 3 foot long keying, deep enough to catch your nail, showing white underneath!

Goes along about 6 inches of door and basically to the rear of the car.

So what do I do?

No fancy Insurance, just standard AA fully comp policy.

I guess if I claim on insurance thats my 5 years no claims gone?

Would it put my insurance to 0 NCB? Just like If i had an accident?

What's likely needed and whats my best option?

Distraught here.....If I had of caught them I would be up for murder!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
There's a spate of this lately:mad:

I'd speak with your dealer or ask around for a decent smart repairer.

If your sister asks around you may find out who did it & you can exact your revenge (which is what I'd do):rant:

·
AO Silver Member
2,073 Posts
Sorry to hear your news - there are some nasty little toerags out there!

Do you have protected NCB on your insurance? If so, then I think you are allowed 2 claims per year before you lose any of the NCB that you hold - worth calling them just to check in any case?!

·
Registered
112 Posts
There are some right little ****s around these days, sorry to hear about your Mito

You lose 2 yrs NCB for each claim if its not protected but bear in mind, even if it is protected it won't stop your premium going up - it just wouldn't go up by as much as if it weren't protected.

My advice would be to put your insurer on notice in case you do want to claim, they don't like you leaving such things too long. This won't affect your premium, NCB etc - it will just mean that once you've had some quotes to get the work done if you then decide to claim you shouldn't have too much hassle from your insurer.

Bear in mind also you will have an excess to pay and given the damage you describe and what a claim is likely to do to your premiums I'd think that you will be best off getting the work done yourself.

·
Registered
489 Posts
So sorry to hear and hope you get sorted soon. All too common these day's, might be worth knocking on a few doors to see if anyone saw anything, you never know.
I park our Mito on road and i am soon to have cctv installed on our cottage to keep an eye, this may seem over the top but a system like this now costs less than £400.00 installed. If only more people had these fitted this stuff would not happen. Good luck with the repair and try not to get too down about it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Make sure you tell the police, if they get more than a few complaints they have to investigate, it might not help you, but it could help the next time.

Has your sister got an ex that might think you aren't a brother?

Sorry to hear it though, scum.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
My condolenses, it hurts. These people should be placed 10 feet under. :( It's all jealousy. I'd go to your dealer and ask for a decent repair place, or search around for places that fix "keyed cars" we have guys that come out to your house to do repairs like that, here in OZ, no doubt you would have them in the UK.

Salute, Giordano.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the support guys.

The Police have been informed to make them aware. I'm not going to claim Insurance as it seems more expensive in the long run.

The Dealers preferred body shop says it needs the full door/rear end on that side resprayed, at a cost of approx £650.

I know I can get better quotes from equally good people so I'm going to take my time and shop around. I will have to live with it anyway for a while until the funds appear magically!

The door I reckon will buff out, but its deeper on the rear end and it will need a smart repair or respray at some point.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Sorry to hear that Bob, plenty of scumbags about with a warped idea of fun and the knowledge that there is little chance of any repercussions for their actions.

On a side note I couldn't recommend the dealers preferred repair shop, if they are the same ones who repaired my car a few years back,
I believe a workmate used a repair shop just beside where I work in Kennedy Way, I'll find his opinion and reply back. If he recommends them I might use them to finally get my door sorted after a disagreement between my wife, the 147 and a column in Vic Centre car park last year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My Mito has been keyed full length down both sides and a double keying across the bonnet. Only places untouched are roof and boot. Going to cost a fortune

To say I am unhappy is an understatement. :mad:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
one good reason to ensure we have a solid schooling system and more intervention in families that are 'disfunctional' at an early stage.

local bobby reported to our parish council that 80% of local crime was caused by 4 known families (18,000 people or so in the area). 'intervention' by local residents has reduced that to 2 families, and the police just arrested one whole family for drug dealing. that should keep local cars and garage/sheds safe for a year or so

·
Registered
693 Posts
Sorry to hear that news. It would be nice to key the offender's face and see how they like the treatment. My GTV was keyed from the door button to the end of the rear three quarter panel, as well as across the boot. It cost me £350 to have resprayed at my local bodyshop. I am sure that if you shop around, you will get a decent quote and won't need to involve your insurance. I hope that your car doesn't attract any further jealous attention.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I saw a UK program about delinquency and a family was being harassed at their house. A gang threw rocks, leaving no window unbroken. They have to live with wood planks for windows. Police not helpful.

·
Registered
953 Posts
WTF - complete and total envy by some out of work, drug taking, Jeremy Fecking Kyle viewing w4nker.

Cutting their nuts off and choking them with 'em is too good - should have their ars3holes superglued closed as well - stand well back after a couple of days.

I really hope that even if it does cost a few quid that your Alfa is returned to it's formal glory soon.

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Bob

Sorry to hear your bad news...these scum just don't care......!! :mad:

Whereabouts did it happen...Belfast ?? What area ??

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Sooner or later, it WILL be legal to shoot the vermin... :)

Meanwhile, get a crossbow (no licence required and you have a chance to reload if you miss.. while the scrote tries to work out what that "whiiish" was :D ) and stake uourself out in the bushes at night.

N.b. Do not carry any binoculars or night vision stuff.. Lurking in the bushes with bino's is a whole different sport (but say hello if you see me! :D)

But.. try for a SMART repair. Respraying the rear quarter panel is the biggest pain-in-the-arris paint job there is, since they'll have to do the whole panel (no place to naturally mask off the new paint).

Ralf S.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts