Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 55 plate facelift 156.
Should the air intakes just to the outside of the fog lights have plastic mesh in them?
For styling it looks like they should, but mine hasn't.

Thanks.

V

·
0 Posts
I don't think there's supposed to be mesh there, I think the car comes without them. I think these portions of mesh on ebay are a retrofit, not OE.

But if you think you want a piece of mesh, why not? :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
All the "facelift" (but still looks like pre-facelift) 156 got factory fitted mesh here. If anybody wants to know!

V

·
0 Posts
Do you mean a facelift that isn't really a facelift? Botox maybe? :lol:

Well I just checked on mine and I have none on either side, neither does Roswell, apparently. Mine's a 'real' facelift with the different front ('55 Reg).

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I've only ever seen one car with mesh in the holes and the guy made it up himself.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
when i got my 156 it DID have one grill that was black and matched the middle bit, I was worried there was only one and tryed to find a part number for the mising one..... but on looking again after a couple of weeks I noticed that one was also missing hence buying the silver mesh ones :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
lol I had the same issue!! it is spose to be a mesh as the dent in the oil cooler told me! watch them stones and bits of salt get in there, what i did was buy these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350493226686 he no longer sells them but if you message him may do you some :)

hope that helps :)
I brought some from him too, a bit of a pain to fit because there's nothing to stick them too as such, I used some dead expensive thick clear Bostik though and 6 months later they haven't come off and they do look the biz especially with the grill dress up kit that I brought from him at the same time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts