Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Thanks for starting this :) I was thinking of doing it...

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy time working on their GTV or Spider when the festivities die down or when a break from the family is necessary... Hope you all received at least one useful gift? - I received something really well-meaning (an OBD-to-iPhone lead (GoPoint GL1) with the box having the natty claim "calm your engine woes" - reads fault codes and displays 28 different live-data readouts in custom 'dashboards'.)

However it won't work with my 2000 Spider, my 2003 semi-facelift (OBD2) 156 TS, or a mate's 2004 VW Golf (definitely OBD2), we tried three different iPhones (4 and 3GS) and it had no power in any configuration, so couldn't even charge. Tried various resets and read the instruction sheet over and over, tried installing and removing and reinstalling the App (software) but 'cable not found'. It will sadly be going back to the shop tomorrow and unless it can be demonstrated working on any car, I'd like a refund.

Can't go wrong with car wash/polishes/leather cleaners/brushes/towels or for that matter socks or T-shirts as presents, they're always useful and you don't spend four hours trying to get them going :thumbs:

I bought someone a strip-disc, a tin of paint, some brushes, and a tiny paint roller kit... this will get used when I help them paint their old wooden window frames on their house - here in NZ, aluminium window frames were invented over 30 years ago but uPVC window frames haven't been invented yet...

-Alex

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I bought someone a strip-disc, a tin of paint, some brushes, and a tiny paint roller kit... this will get used when I help them paint their old wooden window frames on their house - here in NZ, aluminium window frames were invented over 30 years ago but uPVC window frames haven't been invented yet...

-Alex

Well that crosses New Zealand off my list of "countries I might like to live in, one day...."

Can't stand painting window frames.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
New Zealand's a beautiful country .. been there twice.. and the Kiwis drive on the right side of the road..which is the left.. and they wouldn't let me buy a beer the whole time I was there.. so not sure which side of the bloody road I was driving on..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts