Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have nooo idea what the leather i have is worth
theres none on ebay the same so i just wondered if anyone could say what it normaly goes for.

it would come with door cards , all seats
and any trim they need or want
oh and the drivers bolster looks worse than it really is due to the flash

just dont want to give it away or ask silly money

·
Registered
693 Posts
You might scrape £100 for the lot, but I would think £50 - £80 is more realistic. If it was the Momo leather set, that would be about £300 - the standard leather seats ( which are only leather faced ) don't fetch as much I'm afraid. When I upgraded my GTV, I got about £80 for my seats and the Momo set cost me £300.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm i am not sure you you mean by only leather faced
is that not what all leather seats are

i think interiors go cheap on 156s due to all having broken engines
but gtv interiors cant be as cheap surly

must just be location location and timing makes a price

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
just been offered a red set of MOMOs, red door cards, red dash and carpet, for £300 if i remove it myself. worth it? it is 100 miles away. or, have been offered a set of seats, and door card inserts in red, for £200, and it is only 40 miles away. what would you guys do?

·
Registered
693 Posts
hmmm i am not sure you you mean by only leather faced
is that not what all leather seats are

i think interiors go cheap on 156s due to all having broken engines
but gtv interiors cant be as cheap surly

must just be location location and timing makes a price
If you look closely, you will see that the sides and backs of the seats are a slightly lighter colour - ( they are also prone to splitting their stitching along the bolsters. ) These bits are vinyl. If your seat bolster has split sufficiently, you will be able to see the underside of the vinyl as proof. Bit naughty of Alfa. Still, the bits that you sit on are leather. :)

The Momo upgrade is a vast improvement! They both smell and look wonderful and feel very expensive. Also, they don't seem as partial to bolster wear. These are leather all over - front, sides and backs. No crafty vinyl cows being used!

Try your luck on eBay with your old seats. The normal leather GTV interiors do attract some interest - mine was bought by a guy with a Spider that had cloth seats, so they were an upgrade for him. But I would be surprised if you get more than a £100. Some chancers try asking £300 Momo prices, but people don't seem to be fooled.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
forget my last. wife has just put the brakes on it due to monster credit card bill :eek:
looks like i am going to be parking my rear in cloth for some time to come :cry:

·
Registered
693 Posts
just been offered a red set of MOMOs, red door cards, red dash and carpet, for £300 if i remove it myself. worth it? it is 100 miles away. or, have been offered a set of seats, and door card inserts in red, for £200, and it is only 40 miles away. what would you guys do?
I would go for the £300 option. Sounds like a better deal when lots of breakers sell just the seats and cards for £300. Taking the bits apart yourself will give you a practice run on how it comes apart on your own car. Plus, you will get the dash and carpet too! ( Then again, disassembling a dash sounds pretty horrendous, but the carpet should come out easily enough. ) If you don't feel as confident about taking so much car apart, go for the £200 option. That is still a good deal - at least £100 off the normal price. I was trying to get just the doorcard inserts recently and the breaker wouldn't take less than £100!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts