Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jumping, Lurching, Farting and belching ... the car that is not me ...well mostly ....

Latest issue with my newly acquired 164 TS ...

This only seems to happen first thing on the very cold mornings we've been having in Dublin lately. The car starts okay but after I get up to speed on the motorway 5-10 mins into journey the injector warning light comes on and the car starts revving erratically, spluttering and jumping as if it's fuel starved and about to conk out !!?? before anyone asks .. a full tank.
Happened again this morning, however once slowed down and back into traffic, car warms up fully and little or no problem .... and no more problem for the rest of the day or home on the motorway at full speed.

The only common factor seems to be the cold (even colder when on the motorway???? )

any ideas ????

As a by the way, my mechanic told me that I may need a new lambda sensor as the emissions readings are very non-eco-friendly at the minute and the plugs he changed lately were soot black ??????

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
There seems to have been a spate of postings regarding duff thermostats lately, not doubt made more visible or more common by the winter. Could this have such a drastic effect?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
..air flow meter would be a good place to start. beware of swapping for a used one as that could be dicky too.

my first tspark used to do this.. we used to call it "the fear", and mis-diagnosed it by swapping in an equally knackered AFM...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts