Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Alfa Red 159

How about this to kick off July?

Washed yesterday, then rather a lot of hours with Chipex to fix about 20 chips and scratches (a few on the front bumper and bonnet, but plenty on the door and boot sills). Autoglym SRP and EGP in the cool of this morning. Wheels were wheel-cleaned last time, so only needed the wash, and a borrow of my son's Halfords Wheel Protector.

Then the sun came out for photos!

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great work ChrisH77!

Got it few days ago, and already had a full compound/polish/ wax and sealant, next month will be paint correction and a full detail inside-out 2 long days!

I must say having owned a white car for the first time, its MUCH harder than anything else I had to detail!

Enjoy guys and Good luck to everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,998 Posts
Another ringer in the form of my wife's new (old) CRV. A going over with the clay mitt, a spruce up with Autosmart Platinum, and the very dry plastics treated with Autosmart Highstyle.

D

·
0 Posts
Another ringer in the form of my wife's new (old) CRV. A going over with the clay mitt, a spruce up with Autosmart Platinum, and the very dry plastics treated with Autosmart Highstyle.

is that a scouring pad i can see on the front bumper?

·
Registered
14,998 Posts
is that a scouring pad i can see on the front bumper?
Yes. Yes it is. My autosmart trim & rubber stuff works best when applied with a sponge. When I can be arsed, I use cut-up car washing sponges. Currently I'm out of stock but there are millions of scouring pads under the kitchen sink. I don't use the scoury side of them though.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thanks - are you happy with those results? I see they do check the fleck wonder how good that would show off my Luna Pearl compared to many other waxes out there?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Thanks - are you happy with those results? I see they do check the fleck wonder how good that would show off my Luna Pearl compared to many other waxes out there?
Very happy. It's very easy to use, zero smearing, simple to use (spray on, wipe off) and can be used on plastics and glass. The water beading is also excellent.

I'm going to be investing in some of their waxes too.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Great work ChrisH77!

Got it few days ago, and already had a full compound/polish/ wax and sealant, next month will be paint correction and a full detail inside-out 2 long days!

I must say having owned a white car for the first time, its MUCH harder than anything else I had to detail!

Enjoy guys and Good luck to everyone!
That looks really nice though - I was thinking of going for White, in what way is it much harder to detail?

·
Registered
22 Posts
That looks really nice though - I was thinking of going for White, in what way is it much harder to detail?
Thanks mate!

Its harder to see the swirl marks and scratches you really need to take your time and adjust the angle you look at the paint to see defects, but once done with a good coated wax the paint really "pops"

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have just ordered off savers choice UK for £9.99 with free p&p with delivery in about 2 days. Will give you my finding once tried it and thanks heaps for the steer. Cheers Gee

·
Administrator
87,317 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts