·
Administrator
87,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
596 Posts
June 2018 Detailing Competition Entries

Had the wheels off for a proper clean, washed and de-swirled, polished glass and exhaust tips.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Off to Dublin tomorrow to see sister and then a week touring - Wednesday is Galway, but apart from that no detailed plans - a few more days in Dublin and then home. So, although the 159 has stayed clean for a few weeks now, I thought I'd wash it anyway. And while getting stuff out found I'd used up all the AG Super Resin Polish, so thought I'd give Meguiars Ultimate Compound Polish a go, as there are (were!) a couple of scuffs on the bonnet that other polishes have no effect on. Several hours later, after a two bucket wash and pat dry, then some more washing to shift some muck still on sills and lower door panels, then a rather slow start with the Meguiars to get the knack, then with growing confidence and appreciation - this is good stuff! - and finally (after moving the car a number of times to stay in the shade) a coat of AG Extra Gloss Protection (using the half hour drying time to give wife/daughter's Honda Jazz a cursory wet and sponge down with the 159's leftover wash mix). Then photos:

Attachments

·
Administrator
87,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Entries for June carried over to July competition due to lack of entries as per the rules.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Here is my effort:

1. Wash with Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild shampoo.
2. De-tar with Autoglym Tar Remover.
3. Clay bar with Bilt Hamber Auto-Clay Soft.
4. Remove a few scratches with Farecla G3 Scratch Remover
5. De-grease wheel arch road rash with IPA.
6. Using an Air Brush, spray road rash areas with Waterproof Indian Ink.
7. Rub off excess Indian Ink with Menzerna SF4500 - leaving Indian Ink in the road rash pits.
8. Polish with Autoglym SRP - excluding Inked bits (don't want white stuff to collect in the pits!).
9. Glaze with Poorboys Black Hole - excluding Inked bits (don't want BH to clean out the pits!).
10. Wax with Collinite 476S
11. Pre-clean wheels with Dodo Juice Lime Prime on a toothbrush!
12. Apply Collinite 845 to wheels.

Here are some pictures including before and after views of the road rash.

Attachments

·
Administrator. ?? ?? Devoid of gorm.
7,611 Posts
Am heading off to Tuscany on Wednesday (Via the Stelvio pass) so thought I'd give the car a good going over. Washed with Zymöl shampoo and finished with Zymöl Cleaner Wax.
Wheels cleaned with elbow grease. :)

IMG_3514.jpg IMG_3516.jpg IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3519.jpg IMG_3520.jpg IMG_3518.jpg

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year Winner 2015
341 Posts
I’ll try and do a full write up next month.

PS Carbon Ceramic brakes are a detailers dream.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts