Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know ive got a thread in here already but ive just got some new products from NE Detailing and decided to give them a whirl today!
I bought DJ Lime Prime, DJ Rainforest Rub & Hard Candy in a sample pack and some CG Newlook Trim Gel. Also got a Cobra Drying Towel and was given a sample of Bilberry Wheel Cleaner to try off a friend (thanks ChrisP!)and off NE Det.

Firstly i gave the car a light spray to check out the beading from my previous wax AG Hd Wax before rinsing.

The car was cleaned with AG Body Conditioning Shampoo using an MF mitt and 2 buckets then dried down with my new Cobra Supreme Guzzler.
Next i applied 2 coats of DJ Lime Prime to try and cover the swirls and a few light scratches on the bonnet. I had just recently applied 2 coats od AG UDS on the whole car so didnt do the rest as i thought it was silly given how recently it was done.

After buffing off i thought i'd try the DJ Rainforest Rub Sample on the bonnet.

After buffing off i then applied a layer of AG HD Wax to the roof and all other bodywork other than the bonnet, boot & rear bumper. This meant that the car has 2 coats of HD Wax now.

I done one side of the car then buffed and repeated on the other so that it wasnt to hard to buff off, something i noticed last time i used the HD Wax when i done the car i one go then buffed.
Once the HD Wax was buffed off i decided to do the boot and rear bumper with the DJ Hard Candy.

Next up i gave the CG New Look Trim Gel a blast on the tyres and the plastic at the botton of the rear bumper. Awesome stuff it is! It seems like i'll have that bottle forever!

Lastly i had a blast with the DJ Red Mist on the bonnet and wings.

Heres the finished article....

I feel im starting to use the products with more confidence now and am really enjoying doing the car but when i was buffing the bonnet today a gust of wind came up the street and the next thing i had 2 10" half moon scratches on the bonnet!:censored:
I found the DJ R Rub & Hard Candy very easy to apply by hand as in using my fingers to apply but the Hard Candy seemed harder to remove. Maybe it was due to the boot facing the sun though. The DJ stuff smells amazing and at times i didnt know wether to put it on the car or eat it! Its a great idea selling the 30 ml pots aswell. Its a shame others didnt follow suite! Wasnt to sure what to make of the Red Mist really....the car was picking up sap again but it wasnt being removed by the Red Mist, something the Megs QD did with relative ease. I couldnt see much diifference once it was applied .
Just as i was packing away a bird **** on the roof and windscreen aswell!:mad:
Any comments and advice are appreciated:)
Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Top job.
Well done.:cool:
Where are NE detailers based?
Theyre in Chester-Lee Street mate. Just off the A1....where are you based? Theres a reason i ask.:)

Deja Vu there fella :lol::lol:

Good result :thumbs:
I know mate, those pics are everywhere lol.
Heres a few more!
Took this at Bowlam Lakes, thought it looked quite groovy!

Gave the car a spritz with some DJ Red Mist and Megs QD and i have to say it looked unreal! Black is amazing when its clean and polished etc. :D

If only it would stay like this for more than a day :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Sterling work matey :cool:

Still dont like Mitos though :p

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
It looks excellent:cool:

Shame about the scratches but you'll get them out with Scratch X or similar.

How does the HD compare to the other stuff?

Also, IMHO, Aquawax still rules for ease of use versus quality of finish:cool:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks excellent:cool:

Shame about the scratches but you'll get them out with Scratch X or similar.

How does the HD compare to the other stuff?

Also, IMHO, Aquawax still rules for ease of use versus quality of finish:cool:
I know mate, mortified by them, infact with the sun out the bonnet looks dreadfull! They are very light though and im sure its due to the soft putty like paint on the MiTo lol. Im waiting for some PB Black Hole which is meant to be great for masking swirls. Will get the car corrected at some point after my jollies.
Cant see any decernable difference between the waxes but have to say the Rainforest Rub went on really easy and off really easy. Maybe if it rains there'll be a dif in the beading? One thing that i wonder about is why is there soft and hard waxes?
Cant agree more about the Aquawax!
Although big thumbs up to the Megs QD for getting the evil sap off the car from day to day! I seriously need a snow foam lance now and grit guards! Pointless spending all this money when the 1st process im using is damaging the clear coat!:mad:
Worst thing is the 2 new scratches were caused when i was buffing the DJ wax off. A gust of wind blew up the street and hey presto, moved the MF cloth and there they were:mad:
Why thanks!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I've come to the conclusion that all waxes are much of a muchness when it comes to initial shine. I have 2 megs grit guard buckets and coupled with some decent (Tesco finest) brown microfibre wash mitts it does really limit the swirlls. A decent pre wash is a must too:D

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
looks amazing mate, you didnt say what you did with the alloys? Do you do much with them mate?
Sorry, i used Bilberry Wheel Cleaner on them which is in the 1st pic and mentioned in my spree. I got a sample off a friend and its unreal stuff! The best on the market apparently!:) Good thing is you dilute it 5:1 or even 10:1 so it'll last forever and it smells nice! Spray it on then wash off 5-10 mins later and its acid free.:)
ValetPro Wheel care - ValetPro Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner
I cant really comment at present on the waxes as im a novice SR but cant see any difference tbh. DJ smells amazing though!
One thing that i love about the DJ waxes is the fact that you can get 30ml tubs to try for £5 each. Its enough to do the full car easily and they do the Supernatural in 30ml aswell although its £15.
Ive been told to get some Chem Guys Petes 53 which is £22 and meant to be awesome! I got my HD Wax for £20 plus £6 del which is cheap especially considering you get 2 sponges and a decent MF cloth aswell!:) I ve got the tesco Mitt but desperados for the GG buckets! The DJ lime prime i got is great aswell as is the CG New Look Trim Gel.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
a little spray of ag fast glass or any other spray window cleaner on the bird poo let it soak in for a moment and wipe off it wont leave a mark on the paint
or an air rifle prevention is better than cure

1 - 20 of 29 Posts