Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody on here a budding antiques dealer :)

I bought these Jugs a few months ago at an antiques and collectables fair, only paid £60 for the set, they are in pristne condition no cracks or chips :thumbs:

They are hand painted and not transfere printed anyone care to guess what they are worth :D

Jugs :D

Hand painted :thumbs:

Makers mark is Adams, I'll do some digging on the intraweb to get a better date but I think they are circa 1935 :)

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
They are lovely! No idea on the worth although there are valuation sites on the net.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Jules Jan is a big fan of nice pottery :D

I've found the mark and that crown device was used between 1914 - 1940 so my guess at cira 1935 is about right :)

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@HM They look quite art deco :) I would guess Staffordshire / Black Country :) No idea on value.
Adams is a Staffordshire pottery mate, I've sussed the date sort of but I think the other marks are the artists mark :)

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
@HM They look quite art deco :) I would guess Staffordshire / Black Country :) No idea on value.
The Potteries, if you don't mind! Black Country - how very dare you! :)

The Adams factory was absorbed by Wedgewood.

(Us potters are proud of our produce - even though most of us never worked in the industry :lol: )

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Administrator
45,537 Posts
Us potters are proud of our produce
You mean oatcakes and smog? ;)

(Only kidding - and even if it were true, the oatcakes more than make up for the smog! Mmmmmm oatcakes [drool] )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts