Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of a number of problems with my 155 which has now got to point where it needs attention pretty soon!

The 155 judders when accelorating at low speed (like mild kangaroo'img) in wet or fairly cold conditions - it has gradually got worse, having these effects in less cold weather etc....

Is this the Lambda sensor I see mentioned so much on these forums? ;)

TIA

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
could be, you could try cleaning the airflow meter with carb cleaner first before you go spending out, just spray it though. is it a 16v 12v or 8v it will help with replies ;)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
sorry i can now see you have a 2ltr 16v, then yes id try the airflow meter they can really affect a cars running if its naff. most common probs seem to be water temp sensor lambda sensor and idle control valve, the idle valve can also be taken off and cleaned with carb spray its worth a shot i use wynns because its got a nice powerfull jet when sprayed.

M

·
0 Posts
Does it do it all the time or when the engine is just hot or cold ???
I see it's (outside) temp dependent. This to me would suggest a problem with the air temp sender if the 16v has such a thing.

Have you cleaned the injectors with injector cleaner ??? At low revs, the fuel pressure is gonna be lower so if they are blocked/clogged, you might notice it more. Also when the outside temp is colder, the car will try and push more fuel through, but the pressure is still gonna be low at low revs. Does it idle properly ????

·
Registered
93 Posts
When the engine is running put some pressure on the big flexible hose that goes to the inlet manifold, you may find this is split and opening up the split (by applying downward pressure) may cause the engine to stall, if so replace that hose. the engine moving on its mounts as you press the throttle from low revs can briefly cause this to happen too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When its cold it doesnt idle properly, it almost stalls then comes back up. Im guessing the airflow meter is halfway along the air intake pipe?

What if I put some of that cleaner stuff in the fuel tank, would that help clean the injectors?
Can you reccomend any.

Thanks

F

·
0 Posts
robinsong said:
When its cold it doesnt idle properly, it almost stalls then comes back up. Im guessing the airflow meter is halfway along the air intake pipe?

What if I put some of that cleaner stuff in the fuel tank, would that help clean the injectors?
Can you reccomend any.

Thanks
this happened to mine. I tried everything and was about to go mad. I cleaned the injesctors, installed a new idling sensor. then I decided to install a new oxygen sensor and the problem was solved. these sensors really drive us crazy. it's hard to diagnose!

S

·
0 Posts
Robinsong

Sorry to open up an old thread but did you ever get to the bottom of this only my car seems to do exactly the same (also a 2.0 16V TS) ??

Simon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts