Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, ive got juddering wipers that barely clear my windscreen especially on the motorway they judder on the upward movement and only partially clear the screen when coming down. They are 2 month old champion blades and my screen is also 2 months old. Ive tried rain x and its improved slightly but its doing my head in!! Any suggestions guys n gals?? Cheers.

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Adjust the arms using an adjustable spanner with the jaws closed to allow you to twist the set on them a little. Wiper blade manufacturers gave detailed instructions with illustrations in days of 'yore' regarding this fairly straightforward method of stopping juddering iirc. The main wiper blade manufacturer's name at this time evades my old memory bank at the moment, but bells tinkling ring Schreiber or summat' although this may be as ever way off track! :(: Maybe I'm confusing this with Schrader, ( tyre valves) :confused:Possibly of some help toward your problem?

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Could possibly be so, Philzalfa on a fairly current machine which some propriety products may help alleviate, but periodically I have had to adjust the set on the arms to ensure smooth operation. :):

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
After several attempts to stop wiper juddering (glass + blade cleaning; glass polish etc.) I bought a cheapo set of wipers from a company called EA on Amazon (<£15) They work fine and are silent. Relief! I guess they may not last long, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts