Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fixed the wipers on my new (to me) 155 using the very clear and informative info posted on the aroc 155 register site.

These cars have all sorts of faults and foibles so why is this 155 common faults forum so under used :)

W

·
0 Posts
Most of the things are discussed anyway....but no reason why it shouldn't be used more.

wrinx

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have this prob on mine, also the wiper overshoots the a pillar on the drivers side and on intermittant the wipers stop working after a couple of minutes - start again as soon as you switch them on and off. No probs on continuos except the overshoot - whats the fix ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
An ex-girlfiend has a MkII Punto which suffered from the same fate. Fiat sorted it under warranty. Apparently the problem was an incorrectly specified grease. Fiat had used a grease with a higher viscosity/ melting point, fine for the Italian weather, but too heavy for the good old British winter. All then did was clear out the old grease and use a thinner/ lighter one.
(expect to get a few comments on the terminology relating to the viscosity of the grease) :rolleyes:
As for overshooting the pillar, mine does that too. Try moving it over by one spline, (see AROC155register.com for detailed instructions), but then you may find it hits the scuttle instead!

D

·
0 Posts
I've never been too sure of the intermittant wipe, but today the wipers are fine on max speed but on all three speeds of intermittant they stop at top and then, drag then return, drag and repeat. Gonna have to investigate under plastic cover!

·
Registered
536 Posts
wrinx said:
This may be of some use to you........Wiper Fix

wrinx
Have used this procedure and it worked for a short time and now goes intermittent. Have got another wiper motor and a wiper assembly and after refurbushing them hopefully this will stop. Will keep you posted :D

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Sometimes if a car is kept for long periods in a dry garage or after prolonged periods of dry weather the actual rubber of the wiper can become stiff and inflexible resulting in a juddering movement.
It frees itself out most of the time - but in very hot climates replacement of the rubber wiper's is the only solution. :)

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
just use rainx ;) on a serious note though my wifes old fiat tempra had wipers which used to have 'a go slow' on occasion untill they tangled themselves together, then after many parts replaced no more problems:D .In the five years i spent with my 155 i never had a wiper problem, maybe i was lucky but it probably is because i always use rainx and therefore hardly use the wipers :cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine has the overshooting the pillar problem, but it hits the scuttle as well so I can't move it over on the splines any further than it is now

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
J155 said:
Mine has the overshooting the pillar problem, but it hits the scuttle as well so I can't move it over on the splines any further than it is now

Any ideas?
If its over-wiping at both ends of the driver and passenger wipe arcs then the linkage is probably becoming worn. (The pivots at the ends of the cross-links probably.) That is providing the arms themselves are in good condition with no wear at the hinge area (this allows you to lift the blades off the glass).

I doubt there is anything you can do to repair it - needs a replacement system (linkage).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts