Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm starting to get a bit of judder in the drivers side wiper blade..everything runs smoothly and it does clear the whole screen (not like some of the problems that need the arm bending)
Is it just a case of new wipers?? If so, any recommendations...
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
199 Posts
got the same problem too, sometimes it works fine but start juddering. also found out halfords don't stock these wipers

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
ebay has cheap bosch wipers or www.wipers.co.uk also do blades with quick delivery.

If the blade is clearing the screen then you could try giving the blade a good rub down / clean to see if this helps the judder.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Clean the screen with a proper glass cleaner like Windolene or even vinegar - try new wiper blades - but also make sure there is no play in the bearing of the wiper shaft. Mine wore away in less than 18 months and had to have the whole assembly replaced under warranty. Its not a very sturdy design

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
+1. It will be diesel deposits on the screen. Get a good window 'polish' and thoroughly apply it. Usually it's a cream that you apply with a damp cloth with plenty of overlapping circular motions. When it's dry the surface can be cleared with a soft cloth that removes the resultant powder.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mine wore away in less than 18 months and had to have the whole assembly replaced under warranty. Its not a very sturdy design
I take it, it's to remind us this still is an Italian car so expect problems :p.

Somtimes it surprises me that little things like these, you'd never find on another car but then again no other car is better looking that a 159

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just replaced mine with good old Tesco's 18 and 22" wipers. Noise gone. Tried the Vinegar, no good, just smelt like a fish and chip shop. Tried Rain-x, no good. Tried screen polish - no good. Windscreen is bloody clean now though!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have found that 99% of the time its the wipers.

·
Registered
199 Posts
new wipers did the trick too. Bosch blades :thumbs:

now i just spray at any given chance just to see a clean piece of windscreen and no juddering. someone told me fiat say its an alfa/fiat characteristic, thought they would use any excuse...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts