Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
46,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen this on pistonheads, I got a funny feeling as soon as I looked at it and thought I'd share it with you, incase anyone was maybe looking at it:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/152482.htm

1) It has non-standard side-repeaters.
2) It has non-standard alloys
3) It has non-standard head-unit
4) 2.0 JTS Selespeed? Thought all Selespeeds were 2.0 TSparks.

A

·
0 Posts
Odd isn't it.

If you look at their stock list they also list what they call a 2007/07 166 Twin Spark with delivery miles...That fine until you see the photos and see it is a pre-facelift car with red keys..which means in production terms it is no spring chicken. At least three years old.:rolleyes:

The 156 looks new enough except for the odd wheels, and I can't answer the selespeed/JTS query, though I have a feeling they did do one, I'm just not confident of my facts

AlfaLincs

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Erm, looks slightly wierd but the side repeaters were that colour on the late face-lift models. The alloys are odd,as is the HU....

So I'm a little :confused: myself....

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
red leather seats, yet black leather doorcards?? Also weird.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
How can it be a "2007 156"? I thought we were on 159 since 2006.:confused:

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
The side repeaters are as they should be and the 2.0 TSpark was dropped from the phase II 156s just prior to the big nose (phase III) facelift.

I guess it may have been lying about a dealer somewhere and had the alloys and stereo removed for another car and just had aftermarket items stuck on and is now being sold off cheap.

·
Registered
507 Posts
take a closer look at the brakes they look like drilled to me
and as said above red leather black but black cloth door cards, stupid alloys, Aftermarket Headunit, no Bose Speaker system, none alfa battery and no plates :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
take a closer look at the brakes they look like drilled to me
Don't look drilled to me.:confused:

and as said above red leather black but black cloth door cards, stupid alloys, Aftermarket Headunit, no Bose Speaker system, none alfa battery and no plates :eek: :eek: :eek:
Well spotted regarding the door cards. I think the later Selespeeds didn't get Bose as standard but the car does seem to be a "bitsa".

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does any one else recall a number of smoke damaged 156's being offered for sale over a year or so ago? From what I recall they were being stored in Kent when the barn/industrial unit/garage in which they were stored caught fire. This might explain the non standard aspects of the car.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Interesting the 'Bitsy' comment BJ. Hired a motor in Marbella few years ago now, it was exactly that! Dash lower bit was brown, top bit was black, door cards didn't match either. Reckon it was a cheap, use up stores stock, purchase. Badged SEAT, but was a F***? really?:D

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Odd:

1) Aftermarket wheels
2) Aftermarket tranny
3) Door Cards and B pillar finish
4) Lack of Bose

Not Odd

1) JTS is all you got after 2002
2) Facelift repeaters are clear
3) The keys are black flips.
4) Thats its a 2007 - although it will have been built in 2005 at the latest.

Its unlikely to be a UK car.

·
Vendor
46,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a JTS Selespeed
I only thought they did them with the twin spark, I've never seen a facelift selespeed before.

I didn't notice on first viewing what a lot of you have done since, I don't really know too much about Selespeed spec but as soon as I looked at it my first thought was "dodgy".

Would anyone be happy buying this car? I don't trust the odometer at all, and it doesn't actually say 'unregistered' anywhere.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I only thought they did them with the twin spark, I've never seen a facelift selespeed before.

I didn't notice on first viewing what a lot of you have done since, I don't really know too much about Selespeed spec but as soon as I looked at it my first thought was "dodgy".

Would anyone be happy buying this car? I don't trust the odometer at all, and it doesn't actually say 'unregistered' anywhere.

If anything it's the wheels that put me off but i would like to see it in the flesh before i say yes or no:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts