Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

New to this and just had a quick question. One of my injectors have failed and I was about to replace it.

Someone has mentioned that when you put a new injector in, it can cause another to fail? He said get them all done or get a used one. Sounds like rubbish to me but as I'm not knowledgable about this, I thought I would ask the experts.

Secondly is a bosch injector part No. 0 261 500 013 ok or should I stick to the original Alfa injector part No. 46805546 (bearing in mind I can get the bosch one considerably cheaper!)

Thanks in advance!!

John :)

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I have never heard of replacing injectors as a set. I cannot think why you should.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Also, make sure it is the injector and not the engine loom before you buy. You may not need an injector, as I've just found out. It's the brown plug at the back and notoriously temperamental....

Update: Actually, mine wasn't the coilpack loom! it was wiring from the plug to the injector.... Always best to test the electrics before buying expensive parts though; so the point remains true! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All.

This message is really for Dickymint who has asked how I resolved the issue (sorry my PM is not working at mo...?)

Basically my issue was the same as richie's (thank's for advice)

Had the wiring looms fixed and ran some injector cleaner (just in case) and not had a problem since.

My advice would be to always check the looms to the coil packs and injectors before doing the expensive injector change - from the info I've gathered over half of cases are the loom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts