Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, need some advice please. I hve a 2002 JTS which was running fine this morning until i filled her up with fuel. On restart after the fill up the car revved to a high idle for a few seconds then went back to normal without me touching the throttle. The car then went into "limp home" mode. Further to this i have noticed that recently the car has sounded slightly louder than usual, it has a stainless exhaust which was fitted a year ago which is as requested not a loud one. Last week i drove home as normal and parked up, then when i drove it again after an hour or so i noticed it had a louder more throaty exhaust note, seemed to be slightly more responsive too. I checked that the exhaust has not come loose anywhere and is not blowing. The exhaust gas itself also seems to be hot! I left the car idling outside my home this morning and went round to the back bumper to have a listen and noticed that the exhaust gas was very warm indeed and had a clean smell. i have to go to work now but hope someone can help me. the car is on 50,000miles and has no mods except for KN filter fitted within the normal filter housing and the stainless pipe.:confused:

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
It could be that your cat has disintergrated and the freedom of flow has given you improved performance, or there's a split in your induction pipework and this is sucking air in between the air filter and throttle body.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, i considered this too hope not though as they are megga buck i think, any ideas on where to get one at reasonable price???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts