Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it feels like i have 50 horses back and all thanks to a elm327 scanner and this great club.

and thanks to the guy that posted the fix on lambda sensor connections (old post), sorry i dont no what your called but thanks anyway you probaly know who you are.

Heres the story

ok i went for a 160 mile drive yesterday after clearing codes and got the p2240 and p1131 almost straight away, and a system fault under the lambda sensor saying o2 sensor possitive current controle circuit/open , so i took all the connectors to the lamba sensors apart cleaned them and slightly bent the pins to make a better connection, then i cable tied the connectors as far as possible away from heat.

The car is now perfect the hesitation/flatspots have gone and i have done over 50 miles and the fault codes are still clear.

i would recommend every one with the problems i have had just to clean up these connectors before spending money on new MAFs and Lambda sensors.

Well chuffed as you can tell!!:lol: :cool: :thumbs:

·
Registered
169 Posts
it feels like i have 50 horses back and all thanks to a elm327 scanner and this great club.

and thanks to the guy that posted the fix on lambda sensor connections (old post), sorry i dont no what your called but thanks anyway you probaly know who you are.

Heres the story

ok i went for a 160 mile drive yesterday after clearing codes and got the p2240 and p1131 almost straight away, and a system fault under the lambda sensor saying o2 sensor possitive current controle circuit/open , so i took all the connectors to the lamba sensors apart cleaned them and slightly bent the pins to make a better connection, then i cable tied the connectors as far as possible away from heat.

The car is now perfect the hesitation/flatspots have gone and i have done over 50 miles and the fault codes are still clear.

i would recommend every one with the problems i have had just to clean up these connectors before spending money on new MAFs and Lambda sensors.

Well chuffed as you can tell!!:lol: :cool: :thumbs:
Hello
Which software did you use with elm327? :confused: I have the Elm327 but I can´t find a correct software to connect to my Alfa 147 JTD.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi mate i use pcmscan, but i think there is a new version of alfadiag that supports your engine and you can download a demo version for free.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
alfa diag won;t work with ELm327

you can use Scantool V1.13 with elm327.

Only use Scantool V1.14 if oyu ahve a GENUINE ELM327 interface, most ebay interfaces wil not work with V1.1.4
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts