Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have just bought a 156 jts 2003 62k, on a whim really if im honest, i have had twin sparks previously and i am no stranger to the dirty fingernails of alfa ownership. Can any of you good people tell me, is the jts engine as bad as some people would have us believe? reading some of the forums you would think alfa where just kidding when they designed this engine! my car seems fine at the moment but reading some posts, its just a matter of time before it implodes in a ploom of soot, carbon build up and misfires!!!

Thanks,

Neil:thumbs:

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
1,096 Posts
In all honesty it isn't Alfas greatest engine. The twin sparks are solid reliable engines if oil levels are kept on top of as well as being serviced properly and the cambelt change being carried out every 36k / 3 years.

JTS engines often suffer from injector issues due to the high pressure fuel injection system they use and also have a habit of rounding off the cams. They aren't that bad, it's just they aren't that great either. When they are running well they are great, and I have seen many with well over 120k under their belts so there are some 'good uns' out there!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response! thats the way I was thinking, but in truth up to now, touching a large piece of wood; my head ha, the car still puts a big smile on my face. For now i'll just keep it well seviced and take every day as a bonus! (whilst putting a bit away for the implosion)

neil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts