Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
Just in the process of buying a new turbo for my 2.4 JTD 10v current one has blown.
The question i have is; I am finding it dificult to tracking down a direct replacement.
What other turbos fit without mods?
It seems i am getting no where and need my car back up and running on a tight budget. I have been quoted £240 for a second hand turbo but going round in circles as they want a garrett number and there isnt any numbers on the turbo apart from the raised ones in the casting.
Please please help.
Thankyou in advance.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
I've got a second-hand turbo off a W reg which I thought was the 140 bhp (as I think yours should be), and one off an 02 plate car, but sure that was 150 bhp. If you've got the turbo off you'll normally find a small plate rivetted on it with the numbers...almost impossible to see fitted on the car, though...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a second-hand turbo off a W reg which I thought was the 140 bhp (as I think yours should be), and one off an 02 plate car, but sure that was 150 bhp. If you've got the turbo off you'll normally find a small plate rivetted on it with the numbers...almost impossible to see fitted on the car, though...
The turbo is off the car. There is nothing but cast numbers. No plaque/plate. I know what your on about. The area where it sits is blank :mad:.
Im interested in the one from the w plate as thats what mine is. How much?? I have been quoted £240 from a breakers in leeds for one but getting messed about.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries everyone about the turbo. Managed to pick one up today on fleabay.
Cant wait till thursday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts