Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

got a problem with my 2.4 156! its started running cool,like the stat is nackered,i replaced it last year,but now im getting the same kind of problems,the thing is i took it off to replace it with the new one and it was in the closed posion just like the new stat?? so i didnt fit it,ordered a sender as i thought it mite be that,picked it up tonight,after work which is a 25 mile trip,i checked the top and bottom hoses and the bottom hose was still cold? there was an AA man there and he seemed to think it was the water pump had failed.ive bought one but i dont want to fit it if its not that!

car runs at about 80 degrees and is using abit more diesel
any idears chaps really dont want to fit the pump if i dont need it:cry:

regards john

·
Registered
30,074 Posts
It won't be running cold if the coolant pump has failed...!

Is your heater fine?

·
Banned
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everning chaps

cars seems to be taking a bit longer to heat up, when i fitted the new stat last week it would be about 15 minutes,now its 25,the temp outside is 5 degrees,which is about the same as last week,plus when i free wheel down a long hill ,the temp drops to 70 degrees is this normal at this time of year, its seems to be getting worse,will test top hose tomorrow ,but i think it mite be a trip back for a replacement stat! what do you guys think?

regards john

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can anyone help just had new water pump, cam belt and now car does not seem to get up to temp it stays around 60 which i think is to low the air blower is not hot enough either and when you turn the heater on the temp drops even more. Even more strange the top hose is hot and the bottom one is cold ??? odd.... is there anyone who can give me some info on how to solve this ??
Cheers Guys
Steve

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Can anyone help just had new water pump, cam belt and now car does not seem to get up to temp it stays around 60 which i think is to low the air blower is not hot enough either and when you turn the heater on the temp drops even more. Even more strange the top hose is hot and the bottom one is cold ??? odd.... is there anyone who can give me some info on how to solve this ??
Cheers Guys
Steve
click on link in post 5:thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts