Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if cylinder head off a 150BHP JTD will be suitable replacement for 140BHP cylibder head? I have been trying to get a replacement for 3 months and have located this one. |Original head failed as injector seals were never replaced despite a full and complete Alfa service history. Car been sat for 3 months and I want to get it back on road. Does anyone know where I can get a GOOD cylinder head with cam box otherwise. (please do not suggest Sherborne Alfa, have had 2 useless ones from them).
Thanks

·
Banned
857 Posts
I'm not an expert on the issue, but is it worth looking at Vauxhall ones that use the same engine?! Bigger choice and almost certainly cheaper.....?!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crikey, I had forgotten they are same engine. Thanks for that, I know what I am doing this morning.

·
Registered
970 Posts
the vauxhall engine is the 150bhp engine....otherwise it is essentialy the same engine as the 140bhp with sofrware and environmental tweaks....so I don't see why the head wouldn't fit..your best bet is to check the part numbers on ePER....I would be very careful if they differ though...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, why am I not thinking of these obvious things? I blame excitement of possibly having car on the road..........................

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I buy my next Alfa I won't bother about getting one with service record, isn't worth the paper

·
Registered
94 Posts
the vauxhall engines are not the same as fitted to 156, 147 and gt they are the same as fitted to 159 which is a different engine with paper oil filter.

·
Registered
970 Posts
the vauxhall engines are not the same as fitted to 156, 147 and gt they are the same as fitted to 159 which is a different engine with paper oil filter.
don't be so sure the 150bhp engine in the vectra has also been fitted to later 147s and gts and to some very late 156s....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts