Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
blatantly ripped off idea from pmptrading, but i am very curious to see how the diesels are doing.
mines at 132,000 miles

·
Registered
726 Posts
:) Hey wim-jtd, what hav you had to replace on yours - is the turbo still original? Mine has now done 60000 for a 2004 04 reg.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I've got a 2000 156 2.4JTD with 98,000miles....I only got it 3 weeks ago, will be a few months before I break 100,000 :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
the only things that went wrong with my engine were the mounting points, which caused noise and vibrations and had to be replaced.
Recently my clutch was replaced, after 175.000 km. Guess that's pretty normal ? The turbo is still the original, no problems with that one.
The good part is, I'm having the feeling that after 120.000 km, my fuel comsumption has started to decrease, which not a bad thing at all.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
forgot to add mines a 2001.on original turbo and still on the same clutch, must be on the way out as its biting quite high, oh and theres a bit of a shake when i take off from standing.

·
Registered
185 Posts
2004/04 1.9, nearly 50,000 miles.

Nothing replaced yet, although it needs the handbrake cable outer on one side replaced, and also the rear track control arm bushes are split.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
W plate 2000 which is now at 129,000 miles. Replaced just about everything (more than once!) Turbo, wiper motor, front upper arms twice, lower arms once, drop links, maf, rear suspension needs done, roof rusting, aircon leaking. Now worth nothing and paid for so I will be driving it to death to claim my company mileage. Due an MOT in April which I don't think it will pass first time. Still has the original exhaust.

W

·
0 Posts
Think mine is about 94k on original clutch and turbo afaik...won't be long now as the remap is goooooood :D

wrinx

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
60k miles on an 04 plate with my 156 20v remap.
Had new turbo fitted last week. ;)
Don't care to remember how many disks/pads ive been through....:rolleyes: Heavy engines and crappy brakes...:rolleyes:

She's being p/xed in a few weeks for a 159 20v....better brakes etc etc ;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bigredshaza said:
My clutch is on the way out too.
i feel your pain:(

·
Registered
362 Posts
DGT said:
i feel your pain:(

Just had mine done(clutch) at main dealers -£800 please
WOO-HOO:cry:

Feels like a new car, off like stink again!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
congrats!
whereabouts, does the clutch pedal bite, sort of 1/2 way?
do you know if they replaced the flywheel?

i managed to find an indie who would do mine for £250+vat and ill supply the (uprated £160) clutch..fingers x'd
:)

·
Registered
362 Posts
DGT said:
congrats!
whereabouts, does the clutch pedal bite, sort of 1/2 way?
do you know if they replaced the flywheel?

i managed to find an indie who would do mine for £250+vat and ill supply the (uprated £160) clutch..fingers x'd
:)

Bites right down at the bottom now, about an inch up from the floor.

Good luck with the indie (Hope they know what there doing:eek: )

·
Registered
21 Posts
:) My JTD 2.4 is doing well!?! for now but only 73k Only had nearside steering linkage replaced - not the car's fault - bloody pot hole in St Andrews!

If anything that will have to be replaced it is some of the internal trim that is showing ware badly like the driver seat and trim around the door again drivers side and the plastic trim hiding the seat belt keeps falling off is stuck on with duck tape at the moment!

So mechanically speaking after all the hassle with first acquiring the car - life for the moment is going well!:eek: but for how long:rolleyes:

Will keep you posted:D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cragmaz69 said:
Good luck with the indie (Hope they know what there doing:eek: )
can be a risky business.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
910 Posts
had new maf , new clutch soon and i bet bloody fly wheel as well.: will need new turbo soon as well,done 112000 miles,stiil good fun still:lol:

·
Registered
215 Posts
X reg 2.4 JTD,

81,000 miles, nothing major until everything went wrong at about 72,000!

Turbo replaced, Radiator replaced, Air Con Pump bearing (still a problem), Air con leaking, not sure if related to bearing, front and rear brakes replaced, tensioners replaced, battery!, throttle sensor (repaired), PAS pipes worn through due to rubbing on Gear box and some other minor faults that I can't really remember.

It's been a very expensive couple of months!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts