Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a late 04 JTD 16v and have noticed that from cold the steering wheel vibrates along with the seats, it's so faint its hardly noticeable and does almost go when the car is warm.

Do they all do this or has a mount started to go somewhere?

I have not owned a diesel for quite a while so may have forgotten some of the characteristics, and this is my 1st Alfa diesel so it could be totally different to everything else I've ever owned!

Thank you all :)

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
So at idle revs, and not moving?

There's always a little bit of jiggling about... Nature of the JTD engine I guess...

If it's getting worse with revs, road speed, steering angle etc., then it could be something more sinister.. How does it feel on the road?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So at idle revs, and not moving?

There's always a little bit of jiggling about... Nature of the JTD engine I guess...

If it's getting worse with revs, road speed, steering angle etc., then it could be something more sinister.. How does it feel on the road?
Just at idle revs - although if you don't give it enough revs it does shake around and judder but again I put that down to not owning a Diesel in a long time and coming from an old auto and the last petrol car I owned you could pull away without any revs if you desired.

Once on the move it is fine, it is just at a stand still and it is not overly intrusive.

Thanks for your input :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts