Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, got a query regarding jtd high pressure fuel pumps, my wife has a 2005 147 jtd 8v, I have a spare engine for my own 156 jtd 16v. My question is... The pump on the 147 is leaking a bit part number 0445 010 007 I have a pump I have now removed from the spare engine, part number 0445 010 071. I have not yet removed the pump from the 147 as it is still in use so can't compare them side by side but was wondering if they are somewhat interchangeable or if the different part numbers are there because they are different, pressures or something else.
What I'm basically saying is will a 16v pump fit an 8v engine?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK for some reason my last post doesn't seem to have gone up but it was quite simply something along the lines of thanks for that I'll swap it over then....

Which is what I have just got round to doing. The pump has been swapped but using the 8v pulley waited over a week for the cam belt kit to arrive as it was overdue anyway.
Problem now is it starts and runs, but idles up and down, I haven't driven it anywhere yet as it means shifting 5 or 6 cars out of the way to get it out and then shifting them all back in again along with then repeating the process if I need to get it back to the end of my driveway if it needs to come apart again.
Anyone think this will reprogram itself or is there something that needs to be reset, I did initially think it may be some sort of airlock from swapping the pump but I'm sure it would have cleared within a few minutes if that was the case. Any ideas?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, to answer my own question, it fixed itself.
Started it up again, it ran for about 2 seconds and cut out. Started straight back up and is now ticking over nicely.
I'll get it back out and give it a run tomorrow but hopefully it's sorted.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after all that, the replacement pump seems to leak as much as the one I took off, just from a different cover. It has been sat in my garage for about 5 years so I've ordered one from ebay.
If that doesn't work, I'll tackle it with a seal kit. Looks complicated though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts