Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My JTD had a flat spot at 2.5-3k but only when it was warm. So I swapped the engine temp sender for the ECU.

Plus,
When i removed the plastic engine cover i also found the blue pipe (from the ERG valve???) cliped to the resevior behind the engine had worn through where it drops from the valve.

Repaired that and it seems to be going well and the flat spot has gone!:)

W

·
0 Posts
Good news! Think you mean the EGR valve ;) (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) but that's at the front on mine, which engine is yours?

wrinx

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
x reg, 136 silver top, runs like a dream and enjoying not havig to worry about the TS (not that i every had any problems).

W

·
0 Posts
Interesting, the EGR valve on my old 136 was right at the front of the engine...unless I'm getting it confused :confused:

I've got another flatspot so might investigata this, thanks.

Btw...where the engine temp sensor? Is this a water temp sensor possibly located in the thermostat???

wrinx

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the ERG valve is on the front of the engine but the control pipe runs accross the top of the engine to a control valve bolted to the front of the scuttle. The little pipe from this is then cliped to the stearing resevior to keep it clear of the engine cover. But its at the wrong angle to sit in the clip and pops out.

The sensor sits in the top of the thermostat housing. Same as on all the other alfas. (the sensor has the same part no. as the TS and V6.)

The flat spot only happened when the engine got warm so it had to be a temp sender somewhere, i'll find out for sure over the next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts