1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
You could have saved yourself a shed load of money and refurbished it yourself, takes about an hour and restored mine to as new condition, instructions in the 'How to' guides.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could have saved yourself a shed load of money and refurbished it yourself, takes about an hour and restored mine to as new condition, instructions in the 'How to' guides.
OK, but too late for that now - assuming the new one is going to last me for another 50k miles, so anyone know of anywhere that will buy it back for refurbishment.

Twincamms, can you find some way of telling me what I need to know before I need to know it, rather than after. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Twincamms, can you find some way of telling me what I need to know before I need to know it, rather than after. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I will try, Grasshopper will use his powers of telepathy in future........................................

C

·
0 Posts
I would try selling it on here (parts/accessories for sale section) with a link to the refurb guide and see if anyone wants to refurb one at their leisure - means if they really need their car they don't have to rush refurbing their old one they can just swap it over.

Or you could refurb it yourself and either keep it as a spare or sell it as a working unit?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh, fortune cookie . . .

Actually, I have a dilemma (as opposed to a Dalai Lama seeing as we are on the subject of wise orientals).

I am thinking about the whole water pump issue detailed in many other threads. My GT is on 46,000 miles 4 years, so do I
1) Get it done this year or risk and wait until next year
2) Guessing it will be approx £500+ bill with service, cambelt change and new water pump so any advice on saving money here?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Yep, book it into Donalds, they are doing mine in two weeks, water pump, cam belt, tensioner, idler, service, £500 all in, mine is GT four years old in August 47000 miles.............................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts