Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, In the past few weeks I have noticed that reverse has been difficult to select in my 2004 156 JTD TI (6 speed). I have also noticed that sometimes it does not want to come out of 1st gear either!! Today it stuck in 1st gear and sounded like I was in reverse even though I was moving forwards. This only happened once but the difficulty in getting reverse and sticking in first happens maybe 20% of the time. dipping the clutch pedal up and down a few times seems to be the only cure in getting reverse or 'unlocking' 1st gear. Could this be low oil level or clutch cylinder related? I got a Q2 diff installed in 2009 and have covered about 50K miles since. Any comments would be appreciated. Alan

·
Registered
111 Posts
I keep having a simular issue with my GT, when u pump the clutch a few times do you find that it works for a while then the issue comes back? I had my clutch bled and it was fine for a couple of weeks then its started playing up, its in the garage now so ill let u know when i find out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses guys. I forgot to mention that I replaced the clutch, pressure plate, release bearing AND the Dual Mass flywheel when I got the Q2 diff installed at 80K miles. New gear oil 75W/85 was installed at the time too. Most likely to be the master cylinder for the clutch I hope. I have 130K miles on the car at present too. Is Q2 diff failures common? I have not heard of this happening at all......Alan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts