Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all got a problem ( yet again ) with acceleration on my 2.4. On accelerating it is very uneven ( if it were petrol then i would suggest a blocked fuel line ) the little red light is showing when the problem occurs and only seems to clear when my foot is pressed hard to the floor ( and i mean hard as there is a stopper under the pedal and if you twist your foot slightly then you can get a little bit more hard ) even then it seems to be pulling back. Had a remap ( bloody ace ) angel tuning well pleased and well recommended. Any ideas will be really apreciated as the plug in diagnosis is about 40 spot. Cheers

·
Registered
363 Posts
I,m suffering the same Wilko, had all the usual suspects done - egr, maf, map, boost control valve, now that I've got Italia check from Gendan I got various fault codes, tps, egr circuit & turbo boost circuit, used the full engine check pro that we go at work today, and although it don't talk pre '04 Fiat ie I got 1/4 readings - ticking over at 200 rpm, I could see that the throttle switch had a clean sweep, which contradicts the fault code for tps.

Where are you in the country?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi quadcamboy i am currently residing in dorsetseshire Blandford to be precise and tick over is no problem its just pulling away if you got passengers they think you are taking the pee when you pull off cause if you throttle normally it jerks all over the place. Is it an electronic throttle? Maybe connections? It does seem to be electrical but that is only a hunch?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yeah it's fly by wire, variable resistor or potentiometer above the throttle pedal sends signal to engine ecu.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i were to hazard a guess,i would say it was some kinda dirty contacts???? better get a diag,thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts