Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2.4 JTD 2001/2 and the aux belt shredded it's self and then threw the cam belt out. I was wondering if the cams have followers which fail thus saving the valves.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
sounds like you have bought a very poorly Alfa :hurt:

Repairing an Alfa Romeo JTDm with broken cam or timing belt

Also for the central locking on the other thread , It not something one would do much so i dont think anyone would know the answer so your best bet is to google and down load eLearn which is the alfa work shop manual

Hope that helps

lol we posted the same time

Reactions: meterman

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like you have bought a very poorly Alfa :hurt:

Repairing an Alfa Romeo JTDm with broken cam or timing belt

Also for the central locking on the other thread , It not something one would do much so i dont think anyone would know the answer so your best bet is to google and down load eLearn which is the alfa work shop manual

Hope that helps

lol we posted the same time
Cheers http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/members/mirlock.html I bought a scrapper today to fix the other 1 but the scrapper is to good. I'll try and fix the 51 plate and sell the 2000 when I got the other sorted. Well that's what I told the Wife.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Good luck with it all , im sure any problems you find someone can help or can point you in the right direction.

At least you started correctly "Never tell the wife anything if you do just lie" :biglaugh::jester:

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
2001/2002 is going to be a 10v engine, so no sacrificial rockers unfortunately. The cams are directly above the valves and its likely to have bent a few, the cylinder head is one-piece as well so will have to come off.

Its still not the world's worst job, just a bit more expensive than changing a few rockers.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
How can an aux belt fail take out the cam belt? Is their not a belt guard seperating the 2?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts