Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

my JTD needs a new thermostat. IT's a '99 2.4 10v. What I can't figure out (I've searched to no avail) is can I get the thermostat on it's own (as I have been offered form the motor factors for a tenner) or do I absolutely have to spend big cash on the whole housing?

I don't really want to be off the road for too long or get half way through the job and then have to order the parts, so does anyone know what the go is with thermostat options?

TIA, Chris.

·
Premium Member
45,070 Posts
Tthere is no thermostat only part available. Its the whole housing you have to replace I'm afraid, unless anyone else knows better?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was afraid of, thanks Pud.

I do wonder though why the it's listed specifically for the JTD as a 'stat only. I guess it must be a common part with other manufactures that don't require the full housing.

Has anyone looked at a 2.4 thermostat housing? Is the Thermostatic actuator crimped in or does it look like it might be removable?

·
Premium Member
45,070 Posts
That's what I was afraid of, thanks Pud.

I do wonder though why the it's listed specifically for the JTD as a 'stat only. I guess it must be a common part with other manufactures that don't require the full housing.

Has anyone looked at a 2.4 thermostat housing? Is the Thermostatic actuator crimped in or does it look like it might be removable?
CF2 or CF3 engine? As they are different.. CF2 is the early 136, the 140 & 150 are CF3.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a '99 so I imagine that makes it CF2?

·
Premium Member
45,070 Posts
Yeah thats the early one.

AFAIK you can only buy the thermostat complete with the housing. Shop4Parts have one listed at £54.19 + VAT - pretty dear and its Facet rather than genuine. Be careful that any thermostat bought seperately from a Motorfactors is definitely for a CF2 and not for a CF3. If they're anything like insurance companies, the CF2 (136bhp) won't even be on their database.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts