Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sums it all up in the title really.

Set-off home after 5-a-side this evening. Took the scenic route as I normally do.

Got stuck behind a Picasso for most of the journey, then it started to rain heavily, at which point I got some idiot tailgating me with Xenons from hell. I started thinking of clever quips about "Bloomin' BMW drivers" etc etc etc and what does it turn out to be? A BMW. What a cliche. :rolleyes:

Then to cap it off, while trying to park in the street at home, I made a great grinding mess out of the ege of my nearside front alloy - the newest, bestest condition one at that! :cry:

That's it. Rant over. Not such great shakes but a rubbish end to what had previously been a fairly successful day! :(

Thanks for listenin y'all. :)

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
gutted.

funny how a good day can be spoilt within minutes

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have my thoughts........

Hopefully tomorrow will go without hitch :)
Thanks.

Unfortunately, already knowing what challenges lie in wait for me tomorrow, that's fairly unlikely. :D

Weekend should be good though. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Much better day today....so far!

Fantastic drive in at 6 this morning along the river Severn. Frosty morning with mist over the river and clear blue sky with jet trails.

What a start. :cool:

Plus, as an extra bonus, the nightmare challenges I was expecting today have all proved non-events so far. Everything has gone to plan. :D

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Thats bad!

A taxi driver reversed into the back of me last night, i was parked up with the engine running and saw a reversing light coming towards me in the rear view mirror.

Couldn't get the selespeed into first gear before he hit me.

Not dented thank god, just taken the paint off the back :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Which bit of the Severn were you driving along?
Out of Shrewsbury down through Atcham and along the back road through Wroxeter. Past one of my favourite views clear across to the Stretton Hills and onto the meanders on the Buildwas flood plain.

Great start to the day.

Should finish at 2 today. Lucky to get home before dark now. :(

Looks like it will be 'comfort' Pizza tonight! :D

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats bad!

A taxi driver reversed into the back of me last night, i was parked up with the engine running and saw a reversing light coming towards me in the rear view mirror.

Couldn't get the selespeed into first gear before he hit me.

Not dented thank god, just taken the paint off the back :mad:
Sorry to hear that. :rant: Much worse than my situation. Think I need some persepctive.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Sorry to hear of your bad days Probusterrace and Matt :( Hopefully next week will be better for you :)

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
This is a bit spooky, but I was just reading Matt's post when my brother (known on AO as Fast Frank) phoned to say he was shunted from behind at 6:30 tonight on the A80 Glasgow to Edinburgh Dual Carriageway. His 156 has suffered some damage to the rear offside wing but the rear wheel has more or less been sheared off! After hitting Frank the car that hit him passed between him and the central reservation and hit the car in front. Amazingly it didn't hit Frank's car again. No-one was hurt but I think it was more luck than enything else.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hope he's okay Fraser, that sort of thing can really shake you up :(

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts Gary. He is OK and was quite philosophical about the whole thing. His main problem it seems is that his courtesy car will come from a VAG dealer:rolleyes: :lol:
Oh dear :(, but looking on the bright side of things, it will make him appreciate his Alfa all the more when he gets it back :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts