Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Jonathan Ross - Tool Or No Tool?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tool or no tool? :confused:

I like his ‘near the knuckle’ type humour. What he said about Heather Mills-McCartney the other day was hilarious. :lol:

No tool. :cool:

G

·
Where's "other"?

No real opinion to be honest. Sometimes funny, sometimes an idiot..he obviously tries hard to shock.

wrinx

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wrinx said:
Where's "other"?
If you would like an 'other' option in my poll then why don't you use your super moderating skills and put one in there? :p

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Difficult, because I think he can be a tool quite a lot of the time. But when he's being a tool he can be seriously funny.

Can't decide which one to chose because of this so I'm going for 'Other'. :)

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
He can certainly carry an interview, where lesser interviewers would be left with nothing but awkward silence and one word answers. :cool:

He also seems to be able to carry off close-to-the-knuckle where it can sometime seem cheap or smutty coming from others.

I quite like him (although at times he can "smother" some of his guests, and you end up thinking the whole interview was about him, not the guest :rolleyes:).

I missed his comment about Heather Mills, tho' - what was it? :confused:

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Looks like I'm in the minority here but I can't stand him. Don't know how the Beeb can justify the huge deal they've just done. Another example of licence payers money going to waste.

Sorry for the rant but the BBC want a huge hike in the licence fee to fund a posh refurb of Broadcasting House and they blow £2 million on a deal with "Wossy":mad:

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
No tool. Guy is a genius and worth every penny. Nothing and no-one seem to phase him..

I thought his recent interview with Gordon Ramsay one of the funniest and most original things I've seen in ages.

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
alfagj said:
Thanks Wrinx

I think his film reviews are well worth the effort...... even if you are like me and don't go to the Cinema or watch DVD's.......

Everything else he does is rubbish

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Green Cloverleaf said:
I missed his comment about Heather Mills, tho' - what was it? :confused:
He was hosting the Q Awards in London and opened by saying:

"Heather Mills McCartney – what a f***ing liar."

"I wouldn’t be surprised if we found out she’s actually got two legs."

:D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Prat !!!

G

·
Big Jon said:
Looks like I'm in the minority here but I can't stand him. Don't know how the Beeb can justify the huge deal they've just done. Another example of licence payers money going to waste.

Sorry for the rant but the BBC want a huge hike in the licence fee to fund a posh refurb of Broadcasting House and they blow £2 million on a deal with "Wossy":mad:
The majority of the licence fee hike is to fund digital switchover, ie extra stuff for the government, at the behest of the government (the spare bandwidth left over will make them billions). Putting it on the licence fee means the BBC get the blame though. And the proposed (expensive) move to Manchester has been heavily 'suggested' by government. The BBC is actually making real savings year on year. It's called politics :rolleyes:

G

·
Roswell said:

Much as I find Ms McCartney's behaviour distasteful to say the least, that's appalling. I suppose he thinks he can get away with it because he's a lad. It's just totally crass.

G

·
Roswell said:

:lol: :cheese: :lol: :cheese:

That's awful.

No tool though - just says it like it is.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Cool:cool: No tool!!

Asking that idiot Cameron if he jacked off as a kid thinking of Maggie Thatcher:lol: Class:D

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
VO2Max said:
The majority of the licence fee hike is to fund digital switchover, ie extra stuff for the government, at the behest of the government (the spare bandwidth left over will make them billions). Putting it on the licence fee means the BBC get the blame though. And the proposed (expensive) move to Manchester has been heavily 'suggested' by government. The BBC is actually making real savings year on year. It's called politics :rolleyes:
You don't work for the BBC by any chance? :p :)

I'm pretty sure the article I seen was to do with a refurb of the London buildings but I would asume they would have to move out while this work was being done.

G

·
Broadcasting House is having a posh refurb as you rightly say, but it has to be posh because it is a listed building. There hasn't been a wholesale move-out while this is happening.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts