Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so.... just taken the plunge. pick up my blue 147 GTA tomorrow and rather looking forward to it! Its a 54 plate and already has Autodelta carbon intake kit + back box. sounds strong. heard a few bad things about putting the intake kit on but after speaking to the boys down at AD they have reassured me. Any top tips for me pls?!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mate! a little nervous about all the horror stories i'm hearing form friends/colleagues/family/everyone etc! but cannot wait to go get the thing.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
You wont regret it, i got my blue 147 GTA a few weeks ago and its a craking car :)

<---------

Everyone i know gave me grief for getting an alfa but none of them have ever owned one so i don’t know how they arrived at there uneducated opinions. In fact the only person i know who has an alfa has just traded it in for another because he has had over 100,000 miles of trouble free motoring in it, although the interior electrics were a tad dodgy by the end.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
ignore the heretics! They just don't know nuffing! All their warnings are normally based on info dating back to the 80's!

Great car, quite thirsty but still great fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for that guys!! was about time i finally got rid of my 10yr old diesel jeep cherokee.... logic did suggest something "sensible" but thankfully i got my plums out and went for the GTA! gonna be a bit of a contrast i guess.... hey, does anyone know if having the carbon fibre autodelta induction pipe will affect warrranty or damage airflow meter?? heard stories of them splitting and dirty air getting in.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have exactly the same "extras" on my GTA, which I've now had for six months without any problems at all. Except being landed with a persistent and inane grin that is - have fun!

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Well done bfgta!!

If you have'nt yet driven a 147 GTA, then the contrast between your Jeep Cherokee and your incoming GTA will blow you away :) The cultured Alfa V6 Boom/Growl/Howl soundtrack will put a permanent lopsided grin on your face, and the driving experience is superb :D (Although as Andy G pointed out, they are very thirsty)

As for horror stories, I dont think there are any creditable horrors related to the 147 GTA. The only problems I've experienced so far have been with the driveshaft couplings and selespeed paddle-shift switches.... all of which were quickly replaced under warranty with improved/upgraded components.

Bearing in mind that in my location I can and do drive "pedal-to-the-metal" most of the time, that's pretty good serviceability compared to so many products from supposedly reliable brands which seem to spend a lot more time off the road due to repetitive major & minor defects.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Welcome to AO

About damaging the Maf - my personal opinion is that I seriously doubt it!

Hadn't heard about any of these splitting before.
Many folk here have these installed on various models.

Mine worked just fine, including a fair few track days.

Don't know about the warranty angle, it wasn't relevent for me at the time.

TB

bfgta said:
hey, does anyone know if having the carbon fibre autodelta induction pipe will affect warrranty or damage airflow meter?? heard stories of them splitting and dirty air getting in.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts