Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all

Glad to be a member: I live in Surrey and owned a 156 2.5 V6 - owned from new - I bought it in Nov 1998. In the 6 months during which I was waiting for delivery of the 156 I drove a used 155 2.0 TS which was OK, but nothing to write home about.

I had previously lived for a few years in Paris where I had a used Giulieta 1.8 4 door saloon which did admirable service as a family car, although its reliability was not 100% and it had to be put down just two months after our move back to the UK, as it could not cope with the dampness of our weather and the engine mountings an the bodywork rusted through.

My 156 has been through Autodelta's hands and is now serviced by AHM Motorsports near Hook in Hants. Tyres and tracking are taken care of very professionally by Micheldever Tyres, also in Hants.

The only signicant tweaks are the addition of a Smartnav button and stereo upgrade (through which the Nokia mobile phone plays when used).

W

·
0 Posts
Leagle said:
I drove a used 155 2.0 TS which was OK, but nothing to write home about.
There's nothing like easing your way in unnoticed...and that was nothing like it :D ;)

Welcome, hope you enjoy your time here :D

wrinx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am most sorry if I caused any offence to other board members about the experience I had of the 155 I had for 6 months. That was not at all intended.

It was a used car supplied (and then repurchased) by the dealer in Ash while my 156 was made. Overall I was not impressed with the dealership and it is now long since defunct. I cannot say I mourn its passing ....

Mind you I cannot say that I have had perfect experience with the replacement main dealer in Guildford, either. Am I alone in that view too??

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
don't apologize mate:D everyone has their own views on this open forum;) i just suspect you had a duff 155 if you were not impressed with it, either that or you wernt giving it a hard time:D :D

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Leagle said:
Mind you I cannot say that I have had perfect experience with the replacement main dealer in Guildford, either. Am I alone in that view too??
Do you mean Bishops? I got my 156 from there earlier this year and yes they did muck me about a bit!:mad: haven't been there for a service yet? You?

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hello fellow Surrey V6er :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, Bishops.
At about 80K miles my 156 V6 2.5 suddenly (and for the fist time) started to suffer from overheating. This was not at all pleasant, you can imagine.
Bishops took 3 bites at the cherry to find the root cause which had to do with the water pump. Along the way I not only had to pay for a new rad., thermostat and I forget what else (and the mechanic time to do it all) but I went through a horrible period of 3 months or so when I dared not take the car on any journey, e.g. into or near to London, where the problem might arise again.
I never was given the impression that the Bishops service personnel did other than look at the problem piece-meal (although to be fair I was not led down the replace-the-cylinder-head path). But it's essentially why I dropped them - they charged premium price for service time but their customer care was not always in evidence to me then.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts