Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Done ! Surely he is more deserving than another damned footballer or entertainer...

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris - had 78 views and no takers apart from yourself , perhaps people don't understand what a great sporting hero he is - at least on par with Sir Sterling, like you say there's a lot less deserving knighthoods out there

V

·
0 Posts
Done, the only bloke to be world champion on both 2 & 4 wheels as far as I can remember, that alone deserves it TBH:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Im actually related to Jim Clark obe. I understand your request but Mark and Ray Hanna deserved such accolade alongside many others in the sporting world perhaps shadowed by people who gave their lives for our country.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jim , there are many people who deserve more recognition than they get, I'm not suggesting that John Surtees deserves more than them but he deserves the award as recognition of his achievements, there are many who don't, eg bankers who get paid vast sums to do their job anyway and party favourites
Jim Clark was one of my heroes when i was so much younger than I am now, you must be very proud to be related
I also have many racers I consider heroes now, most of them are from the TT world.

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Done, the only bloke to be world champion on both 2 & 4 wheels as far as I can remember, that alone deserves it TBH:thumbs:
I will sign too, can't believe he hasn't got one already but then again he hasn't been on "Im a money grabbing t wat get me out of here" et al. A legend indeed, shame on UK for not recognising his truly unique achievement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts