Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be up for this some time in 2006?

Just a silly thought that came to me at this ungodly hour afer my 2 week old daughter decided i shouldn't be sleeping that much tonight :(

It's been done hundreds of time BUT could we add some sort of Alfa Twist to it ?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
166v6 said:
Would anyone be up for this some time in 2006?

Just a silly thought that came to me at this ungodly hour afer my 2 week old daughter decided i shouldn't be sleeping that much tonight :(

It's been done hundreds of time BUT could we add some sort of Alfa Twist to it ?
Could be interesting to make a real organised event of it, perhaps in the form of a mini gumball-esque escapade (but solely for alfas). I'm sure many on here would be up for this.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gil_147 said:
Could be interesting to make a real organised event of it, perhaps in the form of a mini gumball-esque escapade (but solely for alfas). I'm sure many on here would be up for this.
Cuore Sportivo Rally 2006 ???

Could even be a John O Groats to Milan to encourage everyone in europe, come on regulars could do with some input here ;)

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
Ralf S. said:
I'll be there. But we should make it a purely V6 event... :D

Ralf S.
if we did that though, we would have to stop every few miles for you ''v6ers'' to fill up :lol:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
According to The AA Route Planner it's 1735.1 miles from my house to John O' Groats then to Land's End and back to my house again and would take 40 hours and 43 minutes. :eek:

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
Roswell said:
According to The AA Route Planner it's 1735.1 miles from my house to John O' Groats then to Land's End and back to my house again and would take 40 hours and 43 minutes. :eek:
1735 miles.......that a sh*t load of miles........ :eek:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
According to my calculations it would cost approximately £240 in fuel. :eek:

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
Roswell said:
According to my calculations it would cost approximately £240 in fuel. :eek:

that is another sh*tload of money for what, driving to scotland, then driving right down to lands end and then back :rolleyes:

what about food as big fat people like me get hungry :lol:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
According to my calculations you should factor in at least another £40 for Ginsters Pasties, Mars Bars and Red Bull. :p

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Roswell said:
Well it took us somewhat longer than that when we did Le Jog, tho that doesn't exactly take the most direct route....and it was in an Imp.

Could be interesting, but really needs to be something other than just a blast/crawl along the motorways, and would probably need to involve some overnight halts too - for safety purposes if nowt else!

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
Roswell said:
According to my calculations you should factor in at least another £40 for Ginsters Pasties, Mars Bars and Red Bull. :p

40 quid for pasties........ :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
166v6 said:
How about the Scots from John O Groats to Carlisle, then the Northerners to Midlands etc etc ?

Like a relay? That could be fun. :)

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
looks like i'd best take over in the midlands then, would love to do a full run but i'd need a second mortgage for the fuel (and the pasties......like..... ;) )

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
How about a London to Brighton dash, not too long affordable so more Alfa nuts would come to swap info, and then it could grow from there! :)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
As a keen footy fan I have often fancied the idea of touring all 92 league clubs in England collecting memorabilia to action for charity.

Maybe we could tour all the Alfa dealerships and collect..... Alfa stuff? :confused:

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
Roswell said:

Maybe we could tour all the Alfa dealerships and collect..... Alfa stuff? :confused:

Abusive and unhelpful comments from the Emloyees ????
Large bills for naff all work ???
Their scalps to then take to Milan ???
:lol:

I'd deffo be up for that JOG to the End run !!!!! (genuinely, only taking the mick re the Alfa dealerships........sort of anyways)

Oh, I just worked out that it would cost me probly about a grand in fuel :lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts