Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad news - John DeLorean is dead,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4366733.stm

I know he may not be thought of highly in the UK as he is always vilified for taking Maggie to the cleaners :lol: but to me he was one of the greats of our lifetime. A man who was not afraid to dream and try to make it come true - only in America could a man achieve so much - even if it did not work out in the end :( RIP

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
How ironic for we have just been to the Classic Car Show at Ally Pally and there in all its refurbished glory was a DeLorean car
There was also the mock up car which they used in the film Back to the Future which I think was also a DeLorean.

·
Administrator
46,383 Posts
When I went to test-drive my Coupe, on the way back up the motorway we passed a DeLorean, in full BTTF spec. Gave him a beep and a wave. :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
Was at ClassicCars Live @Alley Palley over the weekend...

The DMC owners club had a stand next to ours. The BTTF DMC was on display had to put up with the theme tune all bl00dy day :mad:

:tut: JaB

·
Registered
26 Posts
do you think his coffin lid will open from the side and leak like a *******
then once, sorry.... if he makes it to the church stand the handles will fall off on one side and stick to the box on the other?
just a thought
micktuggy

·
Registered
491 Posts
i had the job of delivering gearbox parts to the delorean factory before production started, i met him and a few others from the company and my brother and i were shown round the premises before we left.

all i remember about mr delorean was that he was very polite and although i was "only a truck driver" he stood and spoke to us for about 10 mins and also let us sit in a pre-production car.

RIP J DELOREAN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts