Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the above? (Apparently ts available at woolies,tescos,homebase etc. for £9.99 a tube)
I've got numerous light scratches caused by hedgerows etc. which I would like to disguise/polish out. Looking at the JML website JML GS27 from JML Direct , it is applied using a soft microfibre cloth (supplied) and supposedly takes little time at all. I'm not necessarilly after a supershine finish that takes hours and hours of elbow grease/numerous products to achieve (far too lazy for that!) but a product that'll disguise the scratches to some degree between weekly washes/polishes.
Any thoughts/experience of this product?

R

·
0 Posts
Never used it but my immediate reaction is "higly abrasive" and another brand of T-Cut.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The only way to do a proper job is to wet sand with 1200 ( if youv'e got the bottle);) then polish with g3 rubbing compound being careful not to break through the paint especially on edges! then polish with wax for a better than factory finish.It takes time,but if you love your car!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Vary the grades of the abrasives. I got a really bad scuff out of my mates C4 using T Cut safe cut, T Cut metalic and finished of with Megs Scratch X. All good stuff if you take your time.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
The only way to do a proper job is to wet sand with 1200 ( if youv'e got the bottle);) then polish with g3 rubbing compound being careful not to break through the paint especially on edges! then polish with wax for a better than factory finish.It takes time,but if you love your car!
Then G10 to finish to remove the G3 marks.

This is best left to the experienced though, trying this for the first time will end in tears, unless you use a panel from a scrappy to practice on.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Watch the wet-or-dry paper thing, different bands are more aggressive than others, i would use 2000 grade wet or dry myself if you wetsand. Soak the stuff in a bucket of clean water for 24 hours or so first, this will stop it clogging, but beware you can go through the laquer and paint much quicker than you think as i found out when flatting back a stonechip touch up.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Poorboys SSR2 is perfect for that sort of job, and for the same money.Bought mine of the bay.If wet sanding use 2000 in the way Pete says.I did mine a few weeks back with 2000 and used poorboys to polish out the sanding marks.Worked really well although if wet sanding it will be easier to machine polish.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Nice job there Alfie:thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts