Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I would like to fit a JL Audio ZR570-CSI 5x7/6x8 inch 2-way component speaker system (JL Audio ZR570-CSi Evolution Car Audio Speakers) to my 2003 Spider V6. Does anyone know if they will fit into the doors without modification?? I would loath to cut the doorcards if I dont have to.
I'm also very keen to fit the JL Audio 6W3v3 6.5 inch subwoofer into the stock subwoofer location behind the seats in the locker, when funding permits!!

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
it is rare for aftermarket speakers to drop-in for a perfect fit. usually the screw holes don't line up, or the speaker frame fouls against some plastic, or there's air gaps, etc.

proper performance requires solid mounting with no gaps. this usually requires an mdf wood spacer ring to be cut and mounted to the door, cut to the right shape and of right depth to suit the new speakers.

there's a small chance they'll fit fine. but instead, you may prefer to pay for quality pro installation. will be a big shame to invest in quality speakers like that, only to be let down by installation quality.

also, they definitely warrant a good amplifier to run them. again, a total waste/over-capitalisation otherwise. :)

:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there
I also wish to do something along those lines and have been looking around for decent 5x7 and a sub that will fit the spider - though I think the speakers are a little pricey! Did you mange to fit them OK, or are you still shopping? I keep coming back to the JL audio option.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't bought anything as yet. I am going to do the door speakers first. The subwoofer I'll do later as it's quite pricey. JL had the only 6.5' subwoofer I could find. I wanted a subwoofer that fitted into the stock location because I dont want to cut up the interior or have a chavtastic looking vehicle.

·
Registered
234 Posts
As already mentioned, there may need to be some tweaking to get them in but....I urge you to avoid oval speakers unless you really can't be bothered with anything other than a basic HU > Speaker install. I know you will say the current speakers are oval so they will fit better but the same is true of my FIAT and I replaced 5x7 speakers with 6.5" components. Ovals are space savers and parcel shelf fodder - poor quality sound compared to round speakers. It all depends on your desire/skill/effort but you can get superb sound for a fraction of the cost of those speakers (my eyes nearly popped out looking at those prices):wow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts