Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This my second post in 2 days, and I said nice things about Wrinx.

Anyway, happened last night whilst accelerating hard there was a squealing from behind the glove box area. Further investigation revealed that if I open turned the heater control (from closed to opened) it will stop the squealing.
Now it's obviously to do with the cooling system but what exactly???

Mr Wrinx I'm really really sorry, please stop these thing happening.
:( :( :(

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
It's that ventilation flap... it controls whether the air is circulated or not.
Apparently the actuator arm fails and it doesn't move and just makes noise...
Ignore it? Turn the radio up?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, this won't comfort you....my car has the same, its a blown head gasket, the noise comes from the air in the coolant that is pressed through the closed tappet of the heater matrix. When you turn the heater on, the noise is gone.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Are you sure your Vigourous driving was`nt just scareing the mouse that live behind your glovebox :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Seriously tho it has to be a fault in the heater either a sticky flap or maybe sumat stuck in the motor or a vent .....................perhaps a small child got sucked in when you booted it up the road :p :cheese: :cheese:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Speed, all small children accounted for.
I've had a look under the bonnet tonight and there's some mayonaise in the coolant tank, I'm assume this may be the head gasket. :( :( :(

And I said sorry to Mr Jinx this morning.......has he no compassion?????

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Barry the Mayo might indicate a blown headgasket but in the last 20+years working on cars i`ve NEVER heard one cause a Squealing noise behind the glovebox :confused: :confused:

Check yer heater motor bearings and also if you can drop the moptor out and clear all the crap and leaves that are in there with it :rolleyes: might be worth checking the pollen filter and vents behind it and also the flap McGuinn referred to ;)

Btw try putting some cheese behind the dash and perhaps sound a claxon before you drive Vigourously again so the mouse can prepare Himself :p :rolleyes: :p :cheese:

You sure it was`nt just one of the Tyre`s Squealing :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Barry said:
there's some mayonaise in the coolant tank,

Speedy's idea's a good one...then he'll have some cheese to go with his mayonnaise! That's why he's screaming he's hungry :cheese:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts