Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon Alfisti,

How do we all feel about Jetfins on a 156 GTA? Would you always stay with the standard Teledials or if the opportunity came up would you consider Jetfins?

For my own understanding:

1. I presume the ride is a little harsher as there is less tyre sidewall?
2. Would you have to change the speedo drive?
3. What colour would you paint them if your car was black?

Thanks

:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Afternoon Alfisti,

How do we all feel about Jetfins on a 156 GTA? Would you always stay with the standard Teledials or if the opportunity came up would you consider Jetfins?

For my own understanding:

1. I presume the ride is a little harsher as there is less tyre sidewall? i didnt notice much difference in ride .. really but did a load of other mods too overall it rode better after the mods
2. Would you have to change the speedo drive? Nope as the tyre is lower overall diameter changes very little think it reads 1mph slower overall
3. What colour would you paint them if your car was black? Lime green

Thanks

:thumbs:

answers above

·
Registered
12 Posts
I prefer Teledials on a 156, Jetfins look better on a GT.

I have both Teledials and Jetfins for my 3.2 GT, use Teledials for winter and Jetfins for summer. I can't feel much difference between those when it comes to stiffness - I don't think I'd pass a blind test on those.

·
Vendor
45,987 Posts
Teledials for me, but I do think the jetfins look ace still.

·
Administrator
45,750 Posts
I would never pick anything over teledials on a GTA. They're utterly perfect.

Reactions: baxter2308

·
Registered
939 Posts
As above, Tele's all the way. They are also an inch smaller so a bit softer on the ride.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would never pick anything over teledials on a GTA. They're utterly perfect.
I think you could fit anything on that car and it would look great !
When I read the title of the post I thought teledials all the way but having seen the jet fins it's hard to split them.
I use to be indecisive but I'm not so sure now !

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
My first GTA SW had Teledials, had that one for about three years, but when I changed to my second GTA SW in 2006 it had Jetfins from the Alfa dealer.... couldn't tell any difference in ride.

I'd like a set of teledials just for a change for when I look at it in the garage.... having covered 81 miles in 12 months!!! I like both as much as each other, but the teledials are more classic, but I do still like the Jetfins.

As for colour on a black car.... shadow chrome!

·
Registered
274 Posts
If my GTA was black I would pick jetfins then painted them anthracite grey, with yellow calipers it looks really nice .
Or maybe get different style alloys 18 inch BBS chrs, Oz or maybe some diffetent aftermarket alloys ?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
I really like Jetfins. They look great on GTA's and GT's.
Teledials certainly look nice too and are very much in-keeping with Alfa's of that era. However, for me GTA's 'need' a bigger wheel than a 17"...
Black car + bright silver wheels is still hard to beat, assuming you want an OE look.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Teles for me. My alternative option would be GT cloverleaf alloys. I'd go for shadow chrome too.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers people. It does seem evenly split :thumbs:

Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Registered
102 Posts
Teledials or, if you want 18 inch, blacklines.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Teledials for me so many cars have spokes. Blackline 9 holes if I am correct not good if you read LJK Setright on cars he states that spokes or holes in the case of teledials should equal the number of wheel stud holes i.e. 5 then the wheel is evenly stressed.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thread concluded - If you can't choose get both (y)

Attachments

Reactions: 156GTASW

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jetfins on 147
No doubt Jetfins are perfect for the 147 (and the GT), just as Tele's are perfect for the 156. I'll end up chopping and changing when I see another GTA with Teledials and want them back... :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts