Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an alfa 147 selespeed 2ltr 16V, and recently fitted a new clutch in it, and now when i drive it it seems to jerk and wont go over 3000rpm. The engine managment light is also on too. I have been told i need to go to the dealers and get the gearbox reset. Does any one have any ideas what exactly is wrong with the car?

cheers
Al

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
was the sellespeed system recaliberated and the clutch rod adjusted when the clutch was done.?

You dont need to go to the dealers for this. any good indi worth there salt will be able to do it.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
If you fancy a trip across the border, I can stick it on AlfaDiag, diagnose your fault(s) and adjust your clutch rod :thumbs:

Edit: or for a bit of petrol money I'd come to you :)

Edit2: although, if it was me, I'd take it back to whoever fitted the clutch and play merry-hell with them...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thinking about it mate how much will you charge and if possible how much will you want for petrol if u come over here?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yeah mate sounds great to me, i will pay you some money for fixing the car i dont mind nd get you a few crates in too lol. when and what day will be best for you?

its about 12 miles away from newcastle.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
You might want to edit your post to avoid your address being in the public domain... I'll take a note of it though ;)

I 'work' through the week, so Saturday might be best. I'll need to check on child-care / planned trips to Asda etc though :rolleyes:

Sunday is the Scottish Italian Car Day, so that's out..... :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah what ever is best for you saturday sounds great. Did u get my address and if you want i can give you my mobile number. The engine management light is also on and the car wont go past 3000 rpm, will it be possible to get tht off with the computer you have?

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
yeah what ever is best for you saturday sounds great. Did u get my address and if you want i can give you my mobile number. The engine management light is also on and the car wont go past 3000 rpm, will it be possible to get tht off with the computer you have?
I shall make plans for Saturday then :)

Got your address, but send me your mobile number by private message to be on the safe-side.

I'll be able to read off what the fault codes are, and clear them. Depending on what they are we can either clear them or figure out what to do next. Out of interest...has the cambelt been changed recently? Slightly 'loaded' question, but could explain the EML...

I'll also check the clutch actuator length, adjust if necessary and run a clutch bleed/calibration routines, as per Smaky's how-to: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/159759-how-to-adjust-a-selespeed-clutch-rod.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts