Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 145 2.0 which has recently had a full service.

However when I accelerate hard thruogh the gears the engine stutters ever so slightly in the high revs.

It's not a smooth acceleration, the suttering sensation is barely noticable but it's definately there.

It idols perfectly fine and normal acceleration is still blisteringly fast.

Any idea's as to what's causing it and how I can fix it?

R

·
0 Posts
It could be any one of a number of things but the Lambda sensor immediately springs to mind as the culprit with the symptoms that you describe.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I suspect the MAF will be the culprit. Try unplugging it and see if it runs better like that - if so its the MAF. If it runs worse then plug the MAF back in and unplug the lambda sensor and see if it runs better with that unplugged.

·
Registered
38,259 Posts
Sounds to me as if it is ignition related. Possibly due to a worn out spark plug, cracked coil or oil down the spark plug holes due to spillage or leaking cam cover gasket.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would also suspect the MAF.
I have had similar problems with my Cloverleaf which developed into a severs loss of acceleration above 3500rpm and kangarooing at low revs until warm. I made all the usual checks then in desperation disconnected the MAF. Problem solved except for engine fault warning light on dash, reluctance to decrease revs quickly.
I have run disconnected for some time, reconnection and fault immediately returns.
Am biting the bullet and picking a recon unit (£175) from Mangoletsi who say this is a relatively common problem. (Present mileage 85,000)
Excellent pocket rocket when all working.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I think i'll change the air flow sensor and/or the lambda sensor and see what results that yields.

I'm hoping its not anything to with the coils as the assembly was changed not so long ago when I had the cam belt changed. Halfrauds did say at the time that the rocker cover gasket was leaking oil onto the coils and changed the whole assembly for me. Plugs were changed at the same time too.

I'll get it looked at and see what the state of it is.

Thanks again, really appreciate all the input.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Had this on my TS. Swapped out a bad thermostat and cleaned the MAF and the problem went away so am not sure which one was the culprit but I suspect MAF.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts