Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
I like Jay Leno's reviews, its like listening to a mate talking about the car. Just compare his reviews, with his honesty, to young know it all pundits you see so often.

·
Registered
34,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of my prize possessions is a Montreal brochure and I’ve seen cars but I was unaware of how the eyelids over the lamps pivoted. But what’s the shiny disc above the instrument binnacle? It looks like a keyhole.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Its the turn signal indicator. Look at the video at 4.40

·
Administrator
45,536 Posts
Lovely car, and sounds fantastic.
I also had never seen the eyebrows doing that. So they have no real purpose - given that they move out of the way the moment you turn the lights on?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thanks for sharing a really cool review.
I think that interior is lovely, the dials clusters, switches, bliss. Was reading Modern Classics earlier this week, it had a Ferrari 288GTO feature, beautiful, now I think the Alfa's interior is preferable.

Did you notice when the bonnet was up he pointed out 2 lights, for working on the car in the dark, genius. From my Giulietta headlights I thought Alfa didn't believe in driving in the dark :)

I like the eye brows too, never seem them in the lights on mode, it's the kind of thing that would make me decide on buying a car*. A nice take on popup lights that were popular back then.

*If it wasn't for the shinny engine bay I wonder if I still would have bought my GTV. I Kept it for 11 years because of the engine performance/sound.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,718 Posts
So many lush details on the Montreal. Is the interior light built into the base of the rear view?

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
So many lush details on the Montreal. Is the interior light built into the base of the rear view?
Yes and that is the same on my '72 Spider, and it works!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great video - I never quite appreciated the two distinctive looks lights on and off. Enjoy the climatic advice too, something I have always adhered to with my cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts