Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click Me

Good write up from mr. Dawe - even though I have rarely seen him giving the used cars he reviews a hard time. I get the feeling he really likes the GT.
He always has a balanced view I guess and he is pretty good at pointing out the good and bad points in all his reviews.

Good to see an Alfa getting a few positive words about depreciation and build quality. Could this be something as rare as a journalist that has done his background work and not just sprouting the usual prejudiced drivel :eek:

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Thanks for sharing, a good write up agreed, and I do actually quite like the used car roadshow whenever I get the chance to watch it, as I find it more down to earth and different to the other shows.

The only thing he keeps going on about is he thinks that the 3.2 v6 GT is branded as the GTA, which is not correct, is it? or am I going mad?

"Topping the GT coupé range is the 240bhp 3.2 litre V6, badged the GTA"

"Top speed 30mph" - I would hope thats a typo, lol

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Good review, I went through the other one's and feel his review of the 147 is accurate and objective as well.

A reviewer to bookmark, thanks for introducing him.

:)

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Yep, a good review overall but a little inaccurate in his description of the 3.2 (GTA).

he also mentions that the Gt was not a sales success but he clearly isn't aware that the Gt was launced into the market on a restricted build basis and the UK only got 200 per year. Not sure that's still the case, imnd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts