·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Event:- January Kent Run
Date :- Sunday 29th Jan 2012
Place:- Kent roads
Time :-11.00 1st meeting point

As promised here it is guys n gals. :D Im organising this run as last chance for me to go on a run for a little while. Have decided to try some new roads n totally different route to the previous ones i have done except the starting point. Its hard to show the route on a map as cant get the postcodes spot on :rant: but it does go as such :confused: :-

11.00 Notcutts Garden centre (me14 9lh)
Heading towards Parkwood to pick up the A274 towards Sutton Valance.
A274 through Headcorn and Biddenden.
A262 from Biddenden to join the A28
A28 through High Halden and Bethersden towards Ashford.
Turning right into Chilmington Green Road (Stubbs cross) to join A2070 (kingsnorth).
A2070 to join A28 at Kennington (northeast of Ashford junc10 M20).
A28 towards Canterbury and ring road around city to Sturry.
A28 towards Margate to join A299 Thanet Way at St Nicholas at Wade.
A229 towards London to Herne Bay
Stop for meal at Table Table at Herne Bay. Also a beer stop somewhere on route.:p

If anybody wants to meet up en-route somewhere it can be arranged. PM me so this can be organised thx. Look forward to seeing as many of you as possible for a good day, meal and even better drive.:thumbs:

Captain Mainwaring (chubbs)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Table Table Herne Bay,:cool: I could walk home from there:)
Thats what i was sort of thinking as starting point probably furthest for you so ending nearest seemed pretty fair m8 :thumbs: .....drop the GT at home then crawl home after food n drink :cheese:
Aggy has also said put him down for meeting us at Chilmington green n suggested a slightly different route which sounds alright, which we can decide on the day so no worries there :)
Might try n find a pub near to there for a bevvy break and to meet him there

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Sadly I won't be meeting up with you guys this time :( the Spider is locked away until the weather gets better and the GTV is no where near finished!

Hope you have a good 1 tho :thumbs:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sadly I won't be meeting up with you guys this time :( the Spider is locked away until the weather gets better and the GTV is no where near finished!

Hope you have a good 1 tho :thumbs:
Maybe catch u in the future during the summer then Andy :rolleyes:

Aggy is going to check out an alternative route towards Margate area which is also some nice driving roads but without the speed limits ;) :D
Have arranged with Aggy to meet him at the Bull Inn at Bethersden, time to be confirmed but 12-12.30 ish so any others who would like to meet the rest of us there plz do so.
Its a Sheps pub so hopefully can get a decent beer rather than the fizz :lol:
Chubbs

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a shame Martin n thx n hopefully catch u soon.

On the subject of the run, Aggy done a recce this morning of both my original and his suggested routes

Hi Chubb
Drove the recce. route this morning.

Leaving Ashford -Chilmington Green on Saturday morning 9.00
To Junc. 10, M20 roundabout and on to old A20 towards Folkestone
Pass Channel Tunnel and on to M20 Dover
Take 2nd exit signed Canterbury 9.25 18 mls
Follow A260 bypassing Hawkinge on through Densole, Denton
and Barham to A2 9.40 27 mls
Cross A2 towards Wingham 9.45 32 mls
Take left fork at end of Wingham village signed Preston
Follow road on through Preston, Plucks Gutter and
arrive St. Nicholas at Wade 9.57 39 mls

I am happy to go with this route and then on to Herne Bay (table table for food) on the Thanet way. Plan to meet with Aggy at Bull Inn Bethersden for a chilled beverage :D
See everybody next week :thumbs:
Capt Mainwaring

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This morning i drove the 1st part of the route from Maidstone to Ashford. Its a good run with nice straights and corners. :D Should be a brilliant start to a really good drive and day :thumbs:

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
What time do you guys think you'll be done by as I have work at 4:30 and I am looking to come now :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What time do you guys think you'll be done by as I have work at 4:30 and I am looking to come now :)
Hi there. We are planning to end up in Herne Bay at about 3pm and then having some food locally, but u are more than welcome to join us (the more the merrier :cool:) and it is understandable if you did shoot straight off instead of eating. The planned routes and roads should make for a very pleasant drive and blasts :thumbs:
Chubbs

·
Registered
431 Posts
gonna have to meet you guys on route, will be at the Bull Inn Bethersden 12ish, Aggy see you there

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm up for this - will be driving out from London, so see you at the start point for 11. Will be in a blue GTV. Might head straight back from Herne Bay, though, as it's a longish trip back.

Is it worth bringing walkie talkies, GPS etc., or will it be fairly easy to stick together?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hey dmc good to have you along:thumbs:, we stick together most of the time, but if you have got walkie talkies bring them with you, I will bring mine, see you in the morning:D

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Tom. No worries will meet you at the bull pub then :)

Hi DMC. Be good to have you along with us. Will see you at the start point :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
Morning folks

Looking forward to the drive today and meeting you all
See you at the Bell, Tom
Chubb, you will call my mobile if the group from Maidstone are delayed?

Aggy

·
Registered
286 Posts
thanks chublows and aggy for organsing this , was a good day upto the point we got lost but not to worry , hope we did not hold you all up to much , anyhow hope the op goes ok chubbs , and see you all soon

·
Registered
431 Posts
great run out again thanks chubblows, aggy, shame we lost you freddie hope you had safe drive home, hope to see you again soon, dmc hope your car's alright m8 let's hope it don't cost too much, good to meet you, bingy i need to save up, I want that exhaust, sound's fantastic:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts